Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure change when enabling something in Lumetri

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is weird to explain, but recently been having this issue a lot whenever I change/enable something within the curves, creative, or color wheels tabs within Lumetri. The exposure changes drastically like something was modified heavily.

Here I have a clip prior to adding a point to adjust the curve:

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 6.27.50 PM.png

Here is after I simple add a point in the midtones, without actually changing anything:

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 6.27.57 PM.png

The image blows out in a weird way. This has been happening more and more frequently recently and I'm not sure why. Happens within curves, creative (when applying a LUT), and sometimes color wheels when I alter exposure or a color.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Mojave 10.14.15

Read/write:

Glyph Atom Pro 1TB Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD (2600~ MB/s Read/Write Speed)

Glyph Atom Pro 500 GB Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD (2600~ MB/s Read/Write Speed)

Premiere Pro 13.1.3 (happened before updating as well).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your setting in Project settings dialog for Mercury Acceleration?

Does this happen if you change that to Software Only?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Renderer is set to (Metal).

Changing to software only showed no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's not a graphics card issue. Has me stumped though ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from what I've been teaching myself, with tutorials, the black and white points  ( points in the two corners ) target a different luminance than any points put on the line, which effects the gamma range ( different than the corner black and white points ).

apparently by putting a point on the line you are 'activating' some gamma setting that was not being recognized before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe drag the black up along the side of curve tool and see if it does the same as putting a point on the line.. it shouldn't if it's what I am guessing is the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, wondering if this ever got resolved. I'm here in v15.0 and it's happening to me as well. But not just curves. If I add any kind of secondary adjustment (even in color wheels or vignette for instance) the exposure completely changes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System hardware, media involved data would help.

This hasn't been much of an issue for some time. Bummer it popped up for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, sorry for the delay responding here. I missed the email that told me you replied. It's 2022 now and it's still happening. It seems to happen randomly. Here's my hardware:

2019 Mac Pro

3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

AMD Radeon PRO W6800X

It's also happened on my 2018 Macbook Pro 

2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9

Radeon Pro Vega 20

Here's an example. I colored this sequence weeks ago (mostly Canon 5D/7D footage). Today I opened it up again and the shots were completely blown out. None of the color controls had changed. But anything I do within this lumetri color effect can't bring it back. It's like it's randomly corrupted or something. Another part of the sequence (also shot on Canon 5D) is unchanged. If I copy/paste the effect to an adjustment layer it is still blown out. See before/after below:

My only workaround has been to trash the lumetri effect, recolor, and pray it doesn't come back (which it sometimes does).

Thanks for taking up our cause! This is really frustrating for both me and my clients.

cheers,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, I'm in PPro version 22 now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2: Backing up to v22.0.0 fixed the issue. I was in 22.1.2 earlier tonight when I posted the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to disable display color management?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/color-management.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did discover that while investigating, but overriding it to Rec.709 didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I tried that as well as the color space override in the affected clips. For now stepping back to v22.0 fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines