Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i have this clip

which is 1280x720

i woul dlike to extend only the background to cover all the frame in fhd

also i want the size of th eobject to do not change though

Also there is a little difficulties as the clip in the last frames have kind of lightining,goes black than again how it is and then black...

IS there some solution to do that?

spintop.jpg

thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got to explain yourself more clearly.   Do you mean you have a clip that is 1280x720 and you want to enlarge that to fill a 1920x1080 sequence?  Select the clip in the timeline, go to effects controls and adjust cale and position to fill the frame.  

I have. no idea to what you're talking about regarding the last frames?  You can either edit the bad sections out or perhaps slow the clip down so you don't need to extend it that far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

i don t want to scale up as i want the object (the spinning top) to remain the same size

for the momnent just stick with this

i want the background to cover the whole frame, but the object remain same size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the background a sollid color?  Hard to tell from this image...  If so, you could create a color matte with the color and place it on a video track below your top and crop the top frame...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check, i have posted the video itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest fix is just to scale the image up to fill the frame.  You'll be losing the left and right sides of the picture, but that doesn't seem important to me.  You'll be losing some quality, but might not be that serious a problem.    You could also stretch the video vertically without stretching it horizontally.  Would probably give you slightly better quality but would distort the image...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know that a simple solution but it willl not fit my need

As i said previously i want the object to remain that size, i don't want it bigger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I know i'm about 2 years late to this, but I know a solution if you haven't found one yet 🙂 
Just to clarify, you are wanting to enlarge the background only, not the spinning top, which the person above wasn't understanding...
1. Drag and drop a 'Black Video' onto your timeline above the clip. 
2. Search for 'Tint' into the effects panel and drag it onto the 'Black Video' layer.
3. Under the 'Tint' effect in the 'Effects Control' panel, using the eyedropper tool, click the background colour on the video you want to extend.
4. Navigate back to the 'Effects Control' panel, and above the 'Tint' effect, you should see a 'Opacity' effect already applied to the black video. Using the free draw tool (the pen tool), select a border around the black edges on the video, make sure the pen line connects back together once you're done. 
5. Under the 'Opacity' effect on te control panel, there should be a 'Mask' path created, and under that, you can 'feather' out the selection to blend it in better with the original background.

Have a play around with that, hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines