• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extend Sequence Background

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to extend the background of a sequence without changing the 'size' of the video...?

I've createed a 'timeline' in premiere pro which slides across the screen, and to do that, I had to place the text on the far left of the frame, put a transform adjustment layer on top of the text, recenter it in the video, and then slide the text could slide across the screen AND fit in the frame.
However, I wanted to add a background, because a black background is a little bland.
Except, when I add a background under the adjustment layer, the adjustment layer slides the background as well (refer to images).

I've tried rescaling the background, repositioning the background, but it can't be moved past that adjustment layer border as it cuts off...timeline_3.PNGtimeline_2.PNGtimeline_1.PNG
Is there a way to seperate the background from the adjustment layer, because the adjustment layer cant be put anywhere else.
I've tried multiple ways, i've even tried sliding each text asset individually, but its so wobbly and bad looking unless they're tied together with one adjustment layer. 
And the background layer cant be put anywhere else but under the adjustment layer and under the text.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also that '2023' text was added above the adjustment layer and moved individually by each keyframe to match the slide speed of the adjustment layer below it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest the text and the adjustment layer.  Then only the text will be bound by the adjustment layer.

Select the text and the adjustment layer.  Right click and choose Nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the project file, but you may want to try and scale the adjustment layer to prevent any borders.

Does that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines