ExtendScript: send clip Blob from jsx to js

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create blobs in jsx and send them to js?

What I am trying to do is get the clips from the timeline and display them in the panel with <video> tag. The user can then play each clip in the panel and pause (make a selection) as a image which will then be uploaded to the server as a thumbnail.

Seems like Blob is not supported in jsx. Is there a way to at least use URL.createObjectURL() inside jsx and use that in the js panel?

Any other suggestions on how to get this working?

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022
ExtendScript does not support 'blobs', although you can pass Strings between a panel's JavaScript and ExtendScript layers, as demonstrated by PProPanel.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ExtendScript does not support 'blobs', although you can pass Strings between a panel's JavaScript and ExtendScript layers, as demonstrated by PProPanel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation.
I have solved this by using node.js, I pass the paths of the clips from jsx to js and in js I read those files with fs (node)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines