Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExtendScript to Copy predefined Audio Clips

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm working on a project that requres me to add a lot of sound clips to predefined points (markers).

I have a clip in sequence that has been changed from the projectItem as it has been cut up and effects have been added. It is a short sound effect that is being added in the sequence.

My trouble is that I cannot copy that item which already exists with all the made changes using ExtendScript.

Right now I copy and paste those files by hand, but I wonder if there's a way to copy that trackItem and paste it to the defined location (not the projectItem)

I'm using Premiere Pro 2023.

Windows 10

Thanks in advance

Let me know if more details are required

-Kamran

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

There is no ExtendScript API for cloning trackItems, with their effects and settings already applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

I think you've described a decent workaround; creating new trackItems, based on the details of the original trackItems, seems like the best approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no ExtendScript API for cloning trackItems, with their effects and settings already applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there at least a workaround?

Maybe apply a loop to go through the properties of one and apply all of them to the other?

If effects cannot be changed, can at least the in/out points with duration be copied over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you've described a decent workaround; creating new trackItems, based on the details of the original trackItems, seems like the best approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines