• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension panels not saving to workspace?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've got sn issue that's bugging me and hoping someone can enlighten me as to a solution. I have a couple of extensions installed in PP2022 (Motion Array etc). I open the extension panel and then drag it over and dock it next to my essentail graphics tab in the workspace. I get all the extension tabs docked and set, save the changes to the workspace, and I should be good to go, right? Except that when I close PP down and open it back up, the extension tabs are gone and it's reverted back to the old workspace. Even opening the same project. Is this a bug that does not allow you to save extenion tabs in the workspace? Its super frustration to have to open ever extension and re-dock every time I open up PP. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

are you on a mac or windows?  Can you create a new workspace (without these extension panels) and customize it and save and relaunch and you see the workspace as you customized it?   thinking it could be a problem with permissions where adobe is saving the workspace, but you'd think you'd get an error message if there was a problem, bwdik...

If this is a third party extension, I'd reach out to the developer to see if it's something on their end.    As a troubleshooting step, you might try instal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you on a mac or windows?  Can you create a new workspace (without these extension panels) and customize it and save and relaunch and you see the workspace as you customized it?   thinking it could be a problem with permissions where adobe is saving the workspace, but you'd think you'd get an error message if there was a problem, bwdik...

If this is a third party extension, I'd reach out to the developer to see if it's something on their end.    As a troubleshooting step, you might try installing premiere 2021 and see if the problem occurs there.  One of the great features of Premiere (and the entire creative cloud suite) is that you can have multiple versions of the software installed on your system without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgrenadier,

Yes! As you suggested - I added the extension tabs and then created a new workspace, closed PP and when I reopened it and all of the extension tabs were there in the new workspace (I'm on a Mac btw). I should have thought to try that (duh), but it was so vexxing that it wouldn't just outright save the changes to the workspace that I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were extensions. Anyway - thanks for your help and the clear-headed suggestion!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a shot in the dark.  But when you've been doing this as long as I have in a variety of different software editors, you get a sense of what to try and how to troubleshoot...  Glad you figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines