• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Drive not appearing in Local Drives (Time machine)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I have RED footage that I need to open through media browser and the drive that holds the footage is not appearing on my Local Drives in media browser. The drive with the footage was given to me on an external drive that has the Time Machine logo. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've done the baisc troubleshooting efforts (eject, restart, new project) and I have found no luck. Thank you for any help!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the media on the drive in Finder? Is there more than one volume on the drive? Can you drag the media directly into the project panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the media on the drive in finder and I can directly drag it but in order to import RED files I need to go through media browser. 

We're just going to use a sepreate drive but I was wondering if the reason why is beacasue it is a time machine drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ran across the same issue. I have Premiere Projects on an external hard drive. I had no issues until I did a Time Machine backup on this drive, which caused a ton of permissions issues and the inability to drill into the Drive from within Premiere.  After the TM backup, all files went offlline, but when i try to relink them, all I see is the Hard Drive with the TM icon on it without the ability to navigate to the folders that the media is in (everything is accessible in the Finder). I ran sudo chown -R 777 /Users/path to folders on all of the Premiere folders and confirmed in the Finder that I have read/write/execute privileges for all of the files, but Premiere only sees it as a TM backup drive.  I guess this probably has something to do with the Backups.backupdb folder being in the root of the folder. 

I would rather not delete the TM backup from this drive if there is a workaround to this.  Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines