• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External HD not showing up in local drives folder

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have researched this query endlessly over the last few days, and I see unanswered forums, and confusing responses from the adobe community based on the topic.

I find this to be a completely random occurrence, and right now it's totally messing up my project workflow.

I am trying to link recently transcoded proxies to my footage. and my external Hard drive is not showing up in my selectable local drives. It shows up in the other window to the right. but if I use the search option, It begins an endless stream of searching through my Main Hard drive, and literally never makes it to my external. butt he main window on the left, the list view one, my external is not showing up.

I have mounted and unmounted. I've tried unlinking and re-linking, and even re-linking the fooage, I can't do bc my drive is not showing up in the list view.

so I can't navigate to where my proxies are. I've noticed I can't  even search the drive through media encoder. and for years of working with the app I have never had this issue until this weekend.

I am using premiere 2018 (12.1.1) for two reasons. I have the 2019 at work, and find that there are many bugs and random issues with that version. 

Since I have an older model computer at home, I have not upgraded to the 2019 version of premiere.  To edit with 4k and up footage I have to transcode proxies, which can have it's own host of issues but we don't need to go there.

Does anyone have a solve for this?

Thanks

L

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

L,

Sorry for this misfortune. May we have the name and model of the drive? I have an idea what this might be about.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.

Clients provided the Drive, It's an model OWC Mercury Elite pro.

best,

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get it fixed? Having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey IsaacM,

Did you happen to replace the image icon for the Drive? I remember hearing of cases where the drive malfunctioned after doing so a long while ago. Weird, I know. Maybe that will provide a clue for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having the exact same issue. 

My specs:

MBP 2021 M1Pro 16GB

WD Elements 4TB

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is always best to edit on local drives and keep externals for backups.

anyway, maybe you had read/write permissions changed for that drive?

are you on a Windows or a Mac machine? I believe there might be a system update

or security patch that changed your external drive permissions or something.

Did you format the drive lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines