Extract original Frames of two merged videos

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We are using adobe premiere for scientific purposes, just to use the system of labels to add some labels on our videos. With one video it all works well, we can put the labels in specific frames in the source window, and extract the labels with the frame position, which is accurate. 

Now the problem is the following. For other cases, we merged two videos, both with the same number of frames and frame rate. However, we realized that our recording system gave us a weird frame rate, 15.123002 for some videos after having labelled them, which was a lot of work. Thus, in program, it converts the number of total frames (t gives 8956 frames instead of 9075) and the frame rate to fit the 15 fps, or other indicated in the sequence settings. As it would take a lot of time to repeat the job, my question is the following: would it be possible to use as the sequence "timecode" just the frames, so we mantain the original number and we can extract the real time where the markers were put? If not, how is the conversion being done on the back, so that we could recalculate the real time?

I am looking forward for your help and thank you very much beforehand!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fran,

Thanks for writing in. That's a pretty unconventional question. I'll give it a shot, though.

Would it be possible to use as the sequence "timecode" just the frames, so we mantain the original number and we can extract the real time where the markers were put? If not, how is the conversion being done on the back, so that we could recalculate the real time?

You can change the timecode to frames in the Timeline. In the upper left of the timeline, note the timecode reading. Right-click (WIN) or Ctrl-click (macOS) on the timecode and choose > Frames. Does that help? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately it doesn't help, because the number of Frames has been altered when creating the movie.If it would be somehow possible to change the Timebase in the sequence settings to Frames that probably would solve it.

Best,

Fran

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines