Extracting audio from video, then re-linking audio tracks to edited footage

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm editing footage from a Canon C500.

My audio tracks are embedded in the footage. 

Usually at the start of a project, I will extract the audio from the video, so I can separately edit the audio after I'm done editing. 

I have a situation where I am halfway through the edit, but realize I didn't extract the audio at the start of the project. 

I can extract the audio, so now I have separate files for the audio tracks. But how do I apply those files to the audio tracks in my edit that is half done? 

Currently, the timeline has the edited footage, but it still has the audio tracks that are attached to the video files.

Please help! 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to follow what you are doing but I might have gotten lost. Usually what I do is I edit my video and once I have "picture lock" meaning I'm not going to change anything in the sequence I bounce out my audio stems which could be two or three dialog tracks for example. Then I take those into Adobe Audition and apply any EQ and compression and other effects and export those back out. Then I import those files back into my sequence and mute my original audio.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Gerik. I don't see the problem ... I wouldn't be even touching the audio until I'm done with the sequence. And depending on how much work needs doing I may simply use the audio workspace & Essential Sound panel, or bounce the track to Audition, re-import.

But that way I'm not wasting time on material that's not in the edit.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines