• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme gamma shift after relinking footage

Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unlinked some footage before Media Managing and upon relinking it there was a massive gamma shift.

Here's what it looks like in the source monitor:

Screenshot_1.png

Any idea why this happened or how to fix it? My key doesn't work anymore since the green has shifted so much and my color correction looks horrible. The footage is fine, if I import it again it looks correct.

I tried creating a new Premiere project and importing the one I'm having trouble with but the color shift persisted in the new project.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

I was able to fix it by selecting the footage in the Project window, r-clicking, and choosing Disable Source Clip Effects.

I'm not sure why offlining my footage and relinking it applied a clip effect to the footage, or what effect was applied, but disabling it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have more than one version of the footage?

Are you sure that you relinked to the right version of the footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, only one version of the footage so I'm definitely relinking to the same thing.

I tested this in a new project with just 2 clips and it happened again so I just updated Premiere and tried it again but there was no color shift anymore. So the update seems to have fixed it from happening in the future but I'm stuck with it looking wrong in my main project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix it by selecting the footage in the Project window, r-clicking, and choosing Disable Source Clip Effects.

I'm not sure why offlining my footage and relinking it applied a clip effect to the footage, or what effect was applied, but disabling it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

source clip effects workflows, there could be many reasons for your issue, check this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/master-clip-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines