• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme lag (scrub and playback)

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, was recently forced to update to Premiere 23 due to work updates, and the lag/stuttering when i scrub through timelines (which were fine before in Premiere 22) is killing me. My playback has also been effected (stuttering playback) but not to the same extent as scrubbing. 

I'm working off of a iMac 2019, OS Big Sur.

Any solutions to this? Am I missing some setting that got switched on when I updated?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further info here:

Issue - Scrubbing through sequence timeline in Premiere 23 is extremely laggy

Adobe Premiere Pro version number: Version 23.1.0 (Build 86)

Operating system - macOS, Big Sur 11.6

System Info:
CPU - 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

GPU and Driver Version - Radeon Pro 580X 8GB (I'm not sure how to check driver version)

RAM - 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Hard Drive - Working off of a 2TB Solid State USB drive (300GB availble, connected with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C))

Video format: Working with ProRes Proxy transcodes
Workflow details: working with a regular sequence linking to ProRes Proxy transcodes
Steps to reproduce - This issue has been happening since I updated from Premiere 22, I haven't done anything differently than I normally would since updating
Expected result - Previously I was able to scrub through a sequence by dragging the play head or playing back at 2x or 4x speed in real time
Actual result - Since updating to Premiere 23 I haven't been able to scrub in real time, and playback is also affected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines