• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Long Render Times for Audio

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Premiere Pro and trying to render a number of projects. For some of them, I bounce it to Media Encoder and it renders the audio files in a few seconds and renders everything else very quickly. This was the norm for the last year on my computer. Now for others, it takes an absurd amount of time to render the audio files - on the order of maybe 5-10 times longer than the video files. For a few files, Media Encoder failed to export them. I tried exporting from Premiere directly and it managed to work, but still took a huge amount of time to render the audio.

I'm exporting to H.264 1920x1080p, 23.976 fps, VBR 2 Pass, 10 Mbps. A 5 minute video usually takes 4-6 minutes to render. Now it takes 15-30 minutes to load the audio. This is before the progress bar even appears. And then it renders as usual.

What's going on? Why does it take so long to process that audio? This is a huge time waster.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

I have found that the issue is directly linked to the sequence containing more footage than is being exported.  Although there are still mixed bitrates and frame rates the issue is totally resolved 100% of the time by simply creating a new sequence for the footage to export.  I went from 58 minutes of audio render time to 8 seconds simply by copying the export to a new sequence where there was no other footage.

This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never figured out why AME doesn't use the same Cache and Previews as Premiere Pro.  It always seems to create its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when rendering in Premiere it takes the same amount of time to load/render the audio as AME. Something clearly is not working correctly. It should take seconds to render the audio from these videos, not several minutes or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with a proper disk setup?

C: System

D: Project files, audio files, image files

E: Cache & Scratch

F: Camera media only

G: Exports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, can you clarify your post?  What is a proper disk setup to you?  Also what happened to A & B.  You list these items but say nothing about how they should be properly set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drive lettering normally starts with C.  A and B aren't used.

What don't you understand about the setup?  If I know where the misunderstanding is, I can clear it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never put Camera media only on it's own drive ... kept on D, and exports I did to C. You still collect at end and archive. Did you notice big boost moving footage to its own Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the issue is directly linked to the sequence containing more footage than is being exported.  Although there are still mixed bitrates and frame rates the issue is totally resolved 100% of the time by simply creating a new sequence for the footage to export.  I went from 58 minutes of audio render time to 8 seconds simply by copying the export to a new sequence where there was no other footage.

This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same issue.

I went inside sequence settings and clicked on "render audio" and that fixed the render time for me.

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And once the audios were rendered what did you click to export the whole video? Please help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the above method & just to clarify, the way to fix this is to create a new seqeunce with any defaul settings, then drop a piece of footage you're working with into the timeline & (here is the key) follow PP's prompt to change sequence settings to match footage properties (this is not the defailt selection).  Once you do this, it will export perfectly with no audio hell render times.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane that this is still an issue. I'm stuck rendering audio previews out for 3+ hours right now on a 7-min sequence. No multi cam. 32-bit float wav files from a Zoom F6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: After the audio was done, the 4K h264 @ 100mbps rendered in 6 minutes. 6 minutes!!!! 3 hours for audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , worked perfectly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing an animatic for an animation episode and i need to export the soun of each shot separatly, it takes for ever to render the shots. i've followed this methode by selecting each scene (many shots) and created subscene from it, now i have a new sequence with the scene shots inside it, open it and started rendring the sound and it worked PERFCTLYYYYY .. Thank you life saver 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe Media Encoder going through hundreds of audio files or "Prepairing audio files" forever and finally crashing before it had exported my project.

I found a solution:

I copied all the contents I wanted to export from the Timeline to a new empty sequence in Premiere, then went for the usual exporting path: File-> Export->Media -> after that, I did my export settings -> then selected "Queue" to export via AME.

In AME I went to Edit-> Preferences ->  General -> Video Rendering and changed the "Renderer" to  "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only". Now, AME exported the sequence without "Prepairing Audio" (previously, it went through hundreds of those audio files, but now the export went directly and snoothly without any crashes or hundreds of audio checkings etc problems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. When I want to export audio, I'm told the time sequence for audio is over 22 hours. When I want to render the video, the time sequences is 1:34, as it should be. What is going on with the time sequences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the same issue that was in another thread from 2013. I don't recall having this issue till about a few months ago where now AME would just hang when encoding the audio. So there is definitely a problem with the audio re-encoding portion. So like the other answers make sure your bit rates and freq's match before exporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This didn't work for me. I've flattened my multi-cam audio, copy and pasted my media into a new sequence, changed the renderer settings on Encoder, none of the quick fixes are working. Has anybody else found a different solution or been helped by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines