• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

extremely slow creating proxy jobs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have the latest PPro and when i create proxies from premiere to media encoder it takes roughly around 30 minutes to do the proxy jobs, when it used to take around 8-9 minutes in the previous versions.

Does anybody knows what's the deal with that? 

The encoding itself works fast and fine. it's only the proccess of creating those proxies from premeire to media encoder takes forever now..

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rogey0101,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific project or all of them? Also, have you tried resetting app preferences to isolate any preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It happens in all projects. Didn't tried the resetting thing, altough i didint change anything. Will try and hopfully it'll help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Premiere Pro 2023 and Media Encoder 2023 on Windows 10. Whenever I ask Premiere to create proxies for my clips, it takes ages just to complete creating the jobs in Media Encoder. That is a huge hassle because it blocks me from working in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same experience with Premiere/Media Encoder 2023.2, Windows 11. Sending a batch of Red R3D clips to ME via Premiere's Proxy pipeline, it's taking ~20sec per clip for them to show up in ME. This isn't even accounting for actual creation of the proxy, just getting them to show up in the ME queue. Task manager is showing typical levels so it doesn't seem to be a memory leak, just REALLY SLOW processing in ME.

EDIT: As a workaround, I'm just sending the clips to ME via "Export Media..." (bypassing the useless Export page), encoding them to the proper Proxy specs, and then batch renaming them with a _Proxy filename. This works at the expected speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around from @jasondecker jasondecker works much faster than the built-in non-functioning PP-ME workflow. Thanks for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and been having it for years with different versions of Premier Pro. It can take 30 min to send 150 clips to AME which loockes Premiere. This should take max 1 min and absolutely no more. I work with ssd so hardware is not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates?
No solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sometimes projects are set up to automatically transcribe or do pre-required jobs on the imported video and audio. Check your Progress panel, because these jobs will in some cases precede what you want to do and often grind your system to a halt. Hope that helps someone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines