Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

extremely slow exporting

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Is anyone else getting big issues on premiere pro at least once a month? like not exporting or rendering problems etc. This is a joke.

I now can export my video. It's only 4mins long. it's 4k footage but I've done a 15min video the other week and was completely fine. I get stuck at 2% for ages.

16gb ram 

i7 10th gen

500gb SSD

nvidia gtx 1650

I've tried changing to software only but that didn't work. Tried getting rid of the plugin but weirdly made it even slower. Just seems like with every update there's a new issue I need to address on the community forum as I get to a barrier after completing a project. Please can someone save me from these endless problems?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more info.
What are the effects applied to that clip? what's the type, compression/codec of that clip? Have you tried to convert that clip into another format and it didn't work when imported in Pr? Are you sure that your disk drive doesn't contain some bad sectors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Text plugins are applied. Trying to export to H.264. Yeah tried converting. Yeah doesn't have any bad sectors.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try Media Encoder and see if you have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the codec and frame rate of the footage and what effects you've applied.  16 gigs of RAM is not alot for 4k material...   Not sure what the story is with your graphics card.  But one way to manage the export time is to use smart rendering. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

If you have any questions about this workflow, post back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exporting has been fine for a while just all of a sudden it doesn't want to work. I'll have a look now.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated OS or Premiere before the problem reared it's ugly head?  Hard drives can get corrupted and performance can be seriously degraded.  So you might do some googling on drive utilities for windows.  I mainly work on the Mac so don't have any experience with this on windows...  

Also, Projects and Sequences can get corrupted.  So first thing to try, is to create a new sequence with the same settings as the problematic one and select everything in the problem sequence (click in the timeline and "select all" in the edit menu, or control-A.  and then "copy" (or control-c) and then make the new sequence active and hit "paste" or control-v.  Forgive me if this is too basic for you, but it's difficult to judge your level of expertise from this thread...  If that doesn't help, Create a new project, and then import the old project into the new project...

If any of this doesn't make sense to you, post back.  Premiere's a pretty amazing program, but a lot of this stuff is not intuitive..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How full is the hard drive?

Is that the only drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines