• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye dropper/color picker not working

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently update to Premiere Pro CC 2017.0.2 release.  I'm running a Mac Pro 3.5GHz 6-core using OS 10.11.6. In this latest version the eye dropper/color picker is not working when using either the Video Effect: Color Key or Ultra Key. I have uninstalled once and kept the preferences and a second time without keeping the preferences...still not working.  I ave a huge "green screen" project which requires use of this feature.  Any idea of what to try next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi russellw,

I understand Eye dropper/Color picker is not working with effects Color key & Ultra key. Please elaborate the issue how exactly it not working to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya,

Thank you for your interesting in my issue! The color picker recognizes the color range but not the specific color. In the color palette range the actual selection circle stays in the grey/black zone of the color palette. I will attach a brief mpeg4 of the issue to help provide more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ran into an issue with the video being posted to Veoh.com  

Please try  this link to view capture of issue. Dropbox - ColorPickerIssue.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russellw,

Thanks for sharing the video.

1. How many monitors are you using?

2. Are there any custom workspaces?

3. Is this happening with a new project with one clip in it?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vidya,

I have two Apple Thunderbolt monitors. Should I try to swap monitor displays?

There are not customs workspaces that I created or activated to the best of my knowledge.

I opened another virtual set project...same thing...shows color range but indicator circle stays in the grey/dark zone of color pallet. I have about 28 clips with green screen shots in the project bin.

I hope information is useful in sorting out the issue! Thanks.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russellw,

Thank you for the reply. Please try the following.  disconnect one monitor &

1. Disconnect one monitor & try the color picker. 

2. Try Swapping the monitors & test the color picker.

3. Just for a test, Please install previous version of Premiere Pro & test the color picker. How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya,

I will try your first two suggestion to see if it makes a difference. I need to wait until after the current green screen project is complete before installing an older version. I will update on Thursday.  Thank you for the recommendations!

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya,

I have tried the first two recommendations related to the monitors. Neither were successful. I cannot try recommendation three yet, due to three projects in various stages of completion.  Once I can get the three projects approve, I will try it!  I would never have taken on this green screen project if I had know it would be such a pain without have access to the color picker.  Will let you know how CC 2015 works out in about a week.  Thanks again for your insight and advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info, you can have previous full versions on the computer simultaneously, if that's your concern. In case you're not familiar with this ... the CC Desktop app, "Apps" tab, scroll down to "Find Additional Apps", on  the far right of that bar click the text and select "View Previous Versions" ... scroll down the list, click "Install" next to PrPro, and select say "CC (2015.3) 10.40". You could quickly make a new project, import a single clip, and test it out then.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Thank you for your response!  I started running into memory issues on the main drive of my Mac Pro so I deleted photos, videos and unused applications. Unfortunately, if the application had 2015 next to it, I trashed it! When time permits this week, I will install PrPro 2015 and try what you described. I appreciate your insight into this issue and wish I had the time to address it right now, but the priority is get this "green screen " project complete by COB on Monday, hence, I got to work 9 extra hours this weekend;0 Salaried for 40 but this puts me at 60 hrs for the week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand ... work can just get in the way at times, you know? 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

We are new to this as well and we are having an issue. The eydropper and color in our Premier Pro 2021 version can be selected and draged to the green screen but wont change the background color. Do you have any further advise?

Cheers

Neil Ritchie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's your monitor setup, one or mulitple monitors in use?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines