• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper/Color Picker Not Working in Lumetri Secondary Color Correction in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to set or add a key color in HSL secondary in Lumetri color in Premiere Pro, nothing happens. I click the eyedropper, then click the color on my image, and no key is set. I can click any color, anywhere, and no mask is created and the HSL sliders don't budge. It is only on rare and random occasions that I can manage to select a color. I have tried selecting a key color in both the Lumetri panel and the effects control panel. Some related posts have suggested this may have to do with having two monitors, however, I've experienced this on systems with both one and two monitors. The eyedropper works better in the RGB curves effect, but there are times when I have the same issue. Any idea why this isn't working? I've been setting my sliders manually, but would really love to use the color picker, which should not be so consistently dysfunctional!

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
41 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep wondering what is with the eyedropper thing some of you are having. So flipping weird, you know?

I get instant results on both my desktop (24 core Ryzen/128GB-RAM/280Ti) and 4- year old Acer laptop. Clearly, some ... aren't. Wish we could sort out what triggers this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, PinSpree,

What format are you using when experiencing this behavior? Have you tried masking the area needed for secondary correction and then adding the effect?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a beast PC for editing and the color balance eye dropper tool doesn't do anything anymore as of 2 days ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Daniel,

I can see how that might be frustrating. I've been there. Let's see if we can fix that. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? After syncing settings. can you try resetting preferences? That can help. What happens?

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem occurred to me. However I believe I now know the cause of the problem. Maybe this helps. I was working on two projects at the same time, the first one was busy analyzing the warp stabalizer, and I was color grading on the other. Maybe the problem with the eyedropper happened because the analyzing was running on the background. This error dissapeared as soon as I closed the project where I was doing the stabalization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing has been happening to me. I tried finding a setting or something for an hour before I just shut down premiere and relaunched it. The eye dropper works perfectly now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was it! Thank you thank you thank you. I was coloring on an adjustment layer and HSL totally crapped out. Moving the original clip to the top video layer fixed the issue.

Seems like there might be some other bugginess with Lumetri where the settings randomly change too, but for now this fix will do! 

Setup is a maxed out MacBook Pro M2 Max 96GB RAM running macOS Ventura 13.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still. Happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the bugs forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is related to the overall wonky multi-mointor / dpi-scaling support within Premiere that could really use an overhaul. Been causing me a lot of issues for at least 10 years and this is just one of those bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming same for us. Can't use white balance tool on secondary attached monitor. Must drag program and source windows to main monitor and sample from the program preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been my experience since 2013 ... CS6 ... Premiere is not happy if the Program Monitor is moved off the monitor that is the main OS screen. It prefers it to be on the main monitor, and in the same window/panel group as the main menu screen for Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have two monitors but the program monitor is definitely on my primary
screen and I have constant issues with all Pp dropper tools. There is
sometimes a very small area that will sample correctly within the program
window, but overall the results are wildly off. Like click orange and it
tells you you selected blue and vice versa.

--

www.brendonpinolaphotography.com
www.bhamhomephotos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/BrendonPinola

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! But I can't replicate that. And most of the times I've seen this have been when someone has the Program monitor on a second monitor, or in a floating panel.

So ... unfortunately, other than dump cache files, maybe trash prefs, I don't have any solid idea to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that if you drag the secondary Lumetri Colour effect above the first one in Effects Controls, it usually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

플러그인이 문제일 수도 있음 

Votes

Translate

Translate