• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Fix Hanging With After Effects 22.0 Compositions in Premiere Pro 22.0 or Media Encoder 22.0

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Edit: The current solution is to update After Effects to 22.0.1. The update is available on the Creative Cloud desktop app. 

Thanks,
Kevin

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi,

The current solution is to update After Effects to 22.0.1. The update is available on the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you do not see the update, please log out of Creative Cloud application, then log back in. I had to do that.

After updating, please make sure all other applications are updated to v.22, including Media Encoder. Then, restart your computer.

Note: if you are on macOS, and the update doesn't appear to be working, please try the following: 

• Reboot the system.
  • With Premi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Thank you so much! We think we may have found one solution – it's working for us right now but we don't want to get our hopes up. So if anyone can figure out compatablie versions, that would still be greatly appreacite. 

Even if it can help for a bit, it may be worth it for some!

If you are using a Mac, it turns out secuirty/privacy settings could be blocking the dynamic link between the programs.

Follow these steps (attached video for help):

1. Open "Sytem Preferences" on your computer

2. Go to "

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

I just did the update to 22.0. 

Files from the pervious version will no longer open.

When PP opens it advise you that the file will be converted but no data lost.

Then it is having trouble linking files. (I have bypassed with offline for those few files and manullay re-linked)

Either way it starts to open project and crashes. 

Potentially I have lost any work that is not yet finished. I am a senior in college with 2 weeks until graduation.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have restarted and tried to open files all kinds of ways. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When migrating forward, do not simply open previous version projects in a new version.

Create a new project file in the new version. Then from the MediaBrowser panel, navigate to/select the old project file. Right-click, Import the assets of that file into the new project.

This does two things well: you get a more stable and likely-to-succeed new project, and the old project file is untouched and still usable in the old version.

If there are any glitches in the new project file, simply keep working in the older version with the old project file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unfortunately, this doesnt fix anything for us. Could you please let us know which of the older versions are compatible with one another because we have wasted an obsene amount of time trying to match up Ae to Me (so they are able to link for render). 

We have read every forum and nothing is working – not updates, not rebotting/resetting applications + computer.

I have clients that are very upset in the delays this is causing with our deadlines and workflow. We pay 1000s of dollars to opperate these programs – and using the excuse "sorry Adobe isn't working" doesn't suffice to paying clients with important deadlines. 

Thanks,

BGG

Re below:

- Me (same version) openning 2 times? and a crash report

- Ex of crash reports (X100 times)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*opening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the last build 15... (I don't remember the number) before switching to the new 22. It was in her that everything worked perfectly. A lot of things have been eliminated there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting matching Pr/Ae/Me builds prior to 2022 release has been an absolute pain, no question. That's the reason the build numbers for the apps changed so much from their 2021 versions to the 2022 versions ... use the same build numbers in 2022, you get matching apps.

For 2021/earlier, well ... yea, that's a right mess. @Kevin-Monahan  as a Product Support staffer might have better records of which builds match for say 2021.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! We think we may have found one solution – it's working for us right now but we don't want to get our hopes up. So if anyone can figure out compatablie versions, that would still be greatly appreacite. 

Even if it can help for a bit, it may be worth it for some!

If you are using a Mac, it turns out secuirty/privacy settings could be blocking the dynamic link between the programs.

Follow these steps (attached video for help):

1. Open "Sytem Preferences" on your computer

2. Go to "Security & Privacy" 

3. Click 4th tab "Privacy" 

4. Scroll down on the right hand side to "Full Disk Access" 

5. Click the lock and enter your password to make changes

6. Put a checkmark next to "Adobe After Effects" and "Adobe Media Encoder" 

7. Restart computer 

Good Luck 🙂 Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing too fast and didn't use spell check – ignore my spelling errors. Steps are all still correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice. I recommend it to all Apple users. Check and write here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the user must climb to look for it, or developers together with corporations should take this into account. The question is ambiguous. Having reviewed the categories of problems with such a focus and errors, I believe that many of them are connected precisely at the software level. This should be decided at the level of higher management. If this is not done, there will be errors in every update for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac, Baffy? If not, I believe that setting folder permissions in this manner is totally normal for Mac users for all installations of apps that use other folders and need permissions set for them.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Win, Kevin. I am not experiencing this problem. I just recommended that all users IMac pay attention to one of the solutions. It turns out that most of the errors in Premiere occur at the software level. That's the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

This is the first time we have ever personally had to manually do something like this – with regards to navigating to the security sub-folder "full disk access" to alter the settings. Within this particular folder, we have very few applications we have granted this access to. Normally we would deal with this sort of issue in the "accessibility" folder – which "allow the apps... to control your computer." We found this issue to be a bit more unique as it is dealing with the dynamic link between two applications on your computer. Any time you download an app on your Mac you are prompted to grant it access – this time around we had to a do a bit more digging to figure out how those apps interact to make sure the dynamic link was functioning! 

Anyways!! Happy to report our applications are all working and we are back to our regular scheduled programing (haha)!

Enjoy the rest of your weeks everyone 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👏🤙

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo BADGAL,

Thanks for reporting. Big Sur was the first I had to deal with this, but now there is Monterey - with the same thing going on. Sorry about that. You can deliver feedback to Apple, for sure.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the super effective advice. This deserves attention. For those with Apple. For those who have Win, skip this post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH. After five frustrating hours and almost blowing a deadline, this solved the issue for me. Would love it if this stuff came from the top down. Always easy to point the finger at the hardware company. Sounds like this was a known issue from previous OS versions and could have been anticipated/communicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note that this problem was not observed on Win. At least I didn't notice any failures in the dynamic link. I wrote a lot on the forum that the problem is deeper. Thanks to BADGAL Graphicz Inc. for solving this problem for Mac users. I will also emphasize that many problems with the instability of Adobe programs right now are directly related to related products in a bundle. Namely: drivers, operating system, etc. Without testing products in a bundle gives a negative effect. And I have written about it many times on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this happened to us with 2023.1 (both AE and Premiere). MacOS 12.6.2 on M1 and older Intels. The behavior was slightly different across systems -- some displayed a progress bar while trying to connect to the Dynamic Link Server, one didn't at all. But ultimately nobody could import any AE comps whatsoever.

The solution was close to BADGAL's, but not the same: We needed to add /Applications/Adobe After Effects 2023/Adobe After Effects 2023.app/Contents/aerendercore.app to the Privacy > Full Disk Access permission list. (Yes, apparently there are a few apps inside the AE app...) 

In my testing, adding Premiere or AE themselves to the list didn't make a change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening again with Premiere 22.1.2 and AE 22.1.1 Is there a fix coming? I have projects due that I can't work on. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using v22.4. I am currently upgrading to v22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistyped the version I have been using (v.22.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening on the latest version even with the Full Disk Access granted to all Adobe apps. Adobe please fix this this is beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue after using the Full Disk Access method mentioned above. 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently had this issue and found selecting "edit original" on the AE file inside the premiere bin (it will re-open the same AE file you've been working with) will allow the link to work again and display changes in real time without issues each time you save.  It solved it for me, on a mac using Pr 2022 and AE 2022.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines