• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to solve low-level exception error after updating to Premiere Pro 14.1?

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Solution: Update to Premiere Pro 14.2

Need to remain on 14.0? You may install Premiere Pro 14.0.4 from Creative Cloud Desktop app to continue using Legacy Titles with GPU Accelerated Renderer. Here is how to download the previous version of Premiere Pro.

We have identified that using GPU Accelerated Renderer might cause a low-level exception error to appear in Premiere Pro 14.1.

These errors might appear:

1. While using Auto Reframe with the nested clip option. Auto reframe works fine, so you can simply ignore these errors.
  2. While using the Legacy title. To workaround this issue navigate to File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.
    Switching Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.Switching Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.
  3. While playing back the media (A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:5)).
    In this case, try clearing the media cache and check if it's working properly. If you are still experiencing the error, switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

Hope this helps in solving the issue. Let us know if you have any questions. To know more about the known issues you may refer to this link.

Thanks,

Sumeet

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me Matt. I use legacy titles big time and this 14.1 uber glitch is a significant worry. Now, there was a premiere pro update this morning (Tues 21st April) but it seems to have done nothing to address this problem. However, yesterday I switched to using the latest beta versions of premiere pro and media encoder - and it's ok. The Mercury Playback engine is back doing the hard graft again. But needs a proper fix Adobe folk 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder also takes forever to encode if you are using a Legacy Title in your squence.

Its very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please fix the rendering engine to use CUDA properly for legacy titles? Having to use Mercury Playback engine dramatically increases render times 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JConelea,

Sorry for the issue. You can give the team your bug report here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello indeed by switching the rendering engine to the mercury playback engine software only the reading of the montage in the program window has become active again thank you for your expertise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Je suis repassé a la version 14.0.3

C'est OK

Merci 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i took me a while to discover this thread. "software only" is too slow, had to downgrade to 14.0.4 which is now flawless...
waiting for a stable update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grazie, installero nuovamente la versione precedente, in attesa della risoluzione del problema

Alfredo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Alfredo. Sorry for this issue.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JZara InSight made a video about the Low-level error, follow the link: https://youtu.be/mzq-CkDg0NQ

How to resolve the Low-Level Error in Adobe Premiere.

First of all, I would like to thank the people of the Adobe community.

In particular to John T Smith who sent me the link to solve the problem.

Note: I know that it is normal for errors to occur, as working with complex software such as Adobe Premiere is not an easy task, congratulations to the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up GJ Zara. Nice to hear from you. I appreciate you sharing the link to the video too. I see that it's in Portuguese—awesome! Thanks!

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac switching to software solved the problem for me. Then when I had the time, I went through my project and deleted all of the Legacy Titles. I was then able to switch back to Metal GPU without errors.

Zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Zack. 

Sorry for the pain, man. Glad you are out of major trouble.

After deleting Legacy Titles, did you use the Essential Graphics panel and newer Title tools? I'm trying to figure out, for the team, as to why people are still using Legacy Titles at all. If you could give me your feedback, that would be cool.

Hope you are well, sir!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

"I'm trying to figure out, for the team, as to why people are still using Legacy Titles at all."

I can't recall Adobe telling us to stop using legacy titles, so when Essential Graphics was added to Premiere, I didn't scour my projects to replace every legacy title. I assumed that legacy titles wouldn't eventually break a project in a mysterious way.

In fact, a very quick Google turns up no guidance to stop using legacy titles except in troubleshooting threads about this problem.

To answer your question, I think people are still using legacy titles because they're there and no one told them to stop.

Zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that. No one from Adobe ever said to stop using Legacy Titles. And why would we? It isn't broken (or at least it wasn't broken) so why did Adobe try and fix it with a bloated new tool?

I also use Legacy Title files as labeled slugs in the absence of a robust upgrade to the antiquated label system. It's an incredibly flexible and useful tool, so yes, my team and I not only use it, we rely on it.

And to be honest, the Essential Graphics panel is a miserable user experience, always has been. Every time I tried it I immediately reverted to Legacy because it was unstable, glitchy, and so on. And for whatever reason, it's incredibly taxing on GPU processing and requires a render for every instance, even for a simple one line subtitle, which Legacy Title handled with no problem (and no need to render).

With 14.1, it's a real kick in the shins of (professional, career) users like me – you can no longer use the titling tool that requires minimal GPU processing and instead have to use the absurdly overloaded titling tool that clocks unnessarily high GPU needs, while, at the same time (at least in my case), you can't use any GPU acceleration! It's utter madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. I'll see what I can do from the customer's POV. You can share this feedback with the devs directly by filing bugs here. I prescribe that as the best possible thing to do. Once you do so. I will add a link to my filed bug.

My idea is to have File > New Title to have a new EGP title started for you automatically. It's what most new users expect.

I don't know about having the entire Legacy Title tool available for all time going forward, but a lot of people feel as you do. Make sure you include that in your report.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just realized .. even the old encoder 14.1 is so slow, took me 3 hours to render a 5-minute video clip (12 hours on an old mac mini)  realized I have to downgrade it again... bow its 15 minutes utmost. why all these bugs??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, Sorry, man! Sure sounds like you need to enable your GPU in Project Settings > General under the Renderer. Can you check that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks its work. just change render engine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an annual thing now?  At least for me, this bug is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks so. I stayed on 14.5 (I think) for a long time, as it worked there perfectly well, and recently upgraded to 15.0. I exported several projects successfully, but later found out it crashes form time to time. Haven't tested the new 15.1, usually I use the slow software export as it works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me using the latest version, 15.4. I can't work with these unreliability issues.

Mod note: Edited for content. Off topic commentary was removed. Please take off topic commentary to the Video Lounge forum. File bugs here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Can't open or work on my project without it crashing within 10 seconds of opening. Switching the software only and reverting to previous v15 releases doesnt' work. Will try v14 now as I have a deadline and I'm running out of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Oliver. 

I need more info to help you. I have a bunch of different computers and am not seeing this issue here. We don't know anything about your system and media, so it's tough giving detailed advice.

Do you have any Legacy Titles in your sequence? Did you delete media cache and preferences after updating to the new version? The rule of thumb is to finish your project in the same version you started with, so moving back to v14 is not a bad idea. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I don't have any legacy titles, I deleted all the media cache and preferences and none of that worked. However, I did manage to fix it by upgrading to the beta version of Premiere. That's a good work around for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines