Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

fast multicam playback won't stop

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting this here as yet another vote that this ridiculous problem as it appears in forum posts here from 2014 at least.

I've gone through all the ideas suggested in these posts - nothing works. Short term solution is to just stop using fast playback. Long term is probably to stop using Premiere "Pro".  

TOPICS
Audio, Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I just disabled multicam, same issue with a nested clip

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I had been editing a 4k multicam project 3 weeks ago without any "double L" issues using Premiere 21 - so I now tried to open it in Premiere 22 and indeed it now crashes Premiere 22 and double speed timeline playback doesn't stop (RAM usage jumps way up from 2-3GB to 27GB+ as Premiere comes crashing down.

So, bottom line, I'm reverting to Premiere 21 and I hope this helps someone avoid a whole wasted day trying workarounds unsuccessfully. 

Judging from how far back this issue goes, looks like upgrading Premiere is a very high risk activity as "whack-a-mole" bugs creep back in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction, there is no Premiere 21, only 15 - apparently they jumped from 15 to 22 and skipped the double L. Sorry for having a negative attitude I wasted hours trying every piece of advice on this forum except this one that wasn't there which is why I'm leaving it here no for future generations: DOWNGRADE to the last version that worked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines