• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Favorite folders keep resetting in Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I save, close and reopen a Premiere Pro Project I find that my favourite folders have been reset?

Is this a feature or is there a way I can set my Favourites so I don't have keep doing it every time I open or re-use a project?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to tell us which favorite folders you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the ones at the top of the media browser page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I remove the folders I don't like and add new favorites. I even save the Workspace, again. However, when I reopen Premiere Pro 2023, the old favorite folders are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no answer yet I'm afraid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done a manual Save or Save As step?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just changed my favorites, saved the project using "save as", but when I opened it again the favorites are reset back to what they were. I'm obviously missing something simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on folder and hit Add to Favorite. That is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann

Thanks for responding and yes I can do that to set up my favourites, but when I close and reopen the Project it resets itself as per my screen shots. Favourites 2 shows it set up for 2023, Favourites 3 shows it reverted to 2019

I'm on Windows 10 by the way

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, or I am still not getting what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It changed from Folder "Harveywetdog 2023" back to Folder "Harveywetdog 2019" without me doing anything which is out of the ordinary compared with how it performed a few months ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Favorites are not project specific.

Your preference seems very reasonable - I had to test it because I thought it might be as you expected.

But Media Browser is a Panel by itself, and each project has its own Project Panel. So I think Favorites in Media Browser can only be specific to the PR version you are using.

If I open PR 2023 and, in Project One, I set Folder A as a favorite, it shows. I close Project One, Create Project Two, and set the favorite in Media Browser to be Folder B. When I close Project Two and reopen Project One, the favorite is Folder B.

If I close PR 2023 and open PR 2022, all my projects there have whatever Favorite I set last in PR 2022.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Stan.

I am only working in PR 2023 (in fact I'm wondering if I lost something when I uninstalled PR 2022). The references to 2019 and 2023 in my screen shots are years in my video archive and not references to versions of PR.

If I open PR 2023 it opens with Folder X, Y & Z as favorites. I set Folder A as a favorite in place of Folder Z and it shows. I close Project One, create Project two and set the favorite in Media Browser to be Folder B. When I close Project Two and reopen Project One, the favorites have reverted to folder X, Y & Z. When I close Project One and reopen Project Two, the favorites have reverted to folder X, Y & Z.

I want it to work as you describe above but as I said at the beginning the favorites keep resetting for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's odd.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I save, close and reopen a Premiere Pro Project I find that my favourite folders have been reset?

By david@harveywetdog

It seems that setting Favorites feature is broken. If i open a project and set a folder as a Favorite and then save&close Premiere Pro and open the same project again the Favorite is gone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, everytime i close premiere, the favorite is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to add to this.  Favorites within the Media Browser have always been an easy way to get to the folders I frequently use.  Now when I close and re-open PPro, the folder is there with no favorties in it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines