• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FCP to Premier migration feedback

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really getting disappointed in the lack of apparent support for FCP. Premier seems to get useful feature updates more often than FCP over the last 5 or more years. I don't want to debate subscriptions, which kept me from switching --- But now I'm ready to pay to play. Just looking for feedback from people that have made the switch. I'm am amateur, but like using feature-rich products when I can. Is it worth the learning curve?
TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

exporting XML is one way, 

• Select Event for Export.
  • Go to the File Menu and choose Export XML.
  • Create an FCP XML Export Folder.
  • Name and Save the .fcpxml file to FCP Exports folder.
  • Premiere does not read .fcpxml files from FCPX, but it does read .xml files from FCP7.
  • Use a third-party application, such as Intelligent Assistance XtoC (Project X27), to translate the exported .fcpxml into a .xml file, for import into Premiere Pro.
T.S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't speak for migration/switching but each piece of software always has it's own issues, some of which may exist for many years already. Once you really get to know an app these things can become very apparent and annoying. Having that said, I'd recommend embracing the one that can get you the best results for your work quickly and pay a little bit less attention to 'amount of features'. Not every bell or whistle is a useful one for each project per se.

When it comes to learning Premiere Pro is more similar to FCP 7 where FCP X totally flipped the way of managing projects and the way you edit with some folks really liking it and others the complete opposite. Since then a lot was tuned to find a sort of middle ground. Currently I think it's a good full fledged package but may not be suited to everyone. If you're familliar with FCP 7, switching should be a breeze.

Premiere Pro is probably quite easy to learn if you were already editing a lot. You just need to catch up on the basic editing tools which work more like traditional editing tools over FCP X. And get used to having projects on a per file base which in my opinion is actually a lot better than database centric if that's still what FCP X uses.

I'm not aware of any robust training programs for Premiere Pro though but I'm sure there's plenty of good ones on Youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines