• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Export transcript as an SRT file

Participant ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like transcribing in Premiere. The one thing I wish it had is the ability to Export the transcription as an SRT - without having to create captions. I don't need the captions as a track. I just need to create an SRT from the transcription. Most third party AI's will allow you to export a transcription as an SRT without creating a caption track. 

That would be my suggestion. 

(Note: Subject changed my moderator.)

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Hey Mitzleplick8867,

Thank you for your contribution to the community. You can export your transcribed file as a text or CSV file. You may do so by going to Text Panel > Transcript and clicking the button with three dots on the upper right corner. You can also share your suggestions on UserVoice so that others can vote for it.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mitzleplick8867,

Thank you for your contribution to the community. You can export your transcribed file as a text or CSV file. You may do so by going to Text Panel > Transcript and clicking the button with three dots on the upper right corner. You can also share your suggestions on UserVoice so that others can vote for it.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that, but I need an SRT not either of those formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can't export it as srt, as Ishan says, you can export as csv. The csv has all the info you need to format as srt.

But the problem I see is that the transcript itself is essentially long paragraphs with a very long duration timecode. How will that be useful? I'd look instead to create captions from it as close as you can get to your goal, then export srt from there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround is to transcribe, then just create the captions and export as SRT. I can then just click the eyeball on the sequence to hide the captions. This seems simplest to me. But, I still think an improvement would be to have an Export feature as an SRT directly from the transcription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Would the transcript-to-srt be divided into caption size segments?

Rather than just the eyeball, you can also right click the caption track header, and delete it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also use Transcriptive by Digital Anarchy. So, when you transcribe, you make your corrections and then you can export at a text file, SRT file, SCC file among others. It exports just as an SRT would from Premiere and plays the same as needed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcriptive is excellent, but I have not  used it. In their transcript, does it break it into caption segment size bits, or long paragraphs like the PR transcript?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the option to view either way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿Any update in this? i need also  SRT file, not having to creace  CC first and export it. wich btw the CC make the final srt not like the first transcript. the text get all weird and each timestamps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arturos62950942,

This has not been added as a feature. I'm still curious: what is the application of SRT format with the long paragraphs of the transcript? Initially, I had assumed that it was just to skip the step of creating caption-sized segments.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

You are correct. This issue has not been addressed. For my purposes, we produce videos often for social media, FaceBook and YouTube. When we hand off the files to our Social Media Coordinator, she needs the MPG 4 of the video and an SRT file for social media. There is no need for a caption track. When Premiere transcribes a sequence, it would be nice to be able to just export the transcription as an SRT without needing to create captions. Other transcription services such as Transcriptive by Digital Anarchy do this, so I know it is possible. I get that in the end you just cick the eyeball on the sequence, but it's extra steps creating captions and having a caption track. No need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mitzleplick8867,

Got it. Thanks.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines