• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

February 2022 update crashes randomly & frequently / Windows 10 Pro

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until the past week or so, Premiere Pro has been running extremely reliably. I had not had a single crash in many months and had even begun to defend it to naysayers..."No really! Adobe has finally ironed things out in Premiere!"

Then suddenly this week I find myself sunk back into a world of crashes that occur on extremely simple files doing extremely simple things. I am not a power user, I use Premiere at a very basic level, very simple timelines, a handful of  basic effects...these are not complex, taxing files. And Premiere HAD been working absolutely flawlessly.

The only thing that has changed is the new update release, which auto-installed.

Also, I am not talking about old projects I had started in the previous version, so the Import trick I keep reading about seems unlikely to help. These are new projects created after the latest update. The project now giving me the most grief, I created just last night.

At first, earlier this week, I noticed Premiere crashing if by chance I started doing anything right at the same moment the auto-save would kick in. This wasn't an issue before the update, so I just disabled the auto-save entirely. Things seemed more stable for a fews days, but today Premiere is now crashing if I so much as think about making an edit. I'm at the point where I'm saving my file after Every. Single. Edit. I make. 

I thought maybe I could just revert back to the previous version which was running so beautifully well for so long, but after researching that this morning, it appears that new projects created in the new version will not open in the older version. The problem is, between the time I disabled the auto-save and thought I had the problem solved, but before this morning when everything went sideways again, I did a ton of work, far too many hours invested in deadlined projects to consider throwing it away and starting over in an older version (which, really, is such a ludicrous thing to even have to consider).

I don't really expect anyone to have a solution for me. I just wanted to add my voice to those having issues with the latest release. I think my only hope is that they release a tweaked update very very soon.

I am running Windows 10 Pro on an admittedly aging (circa 2016) but extremely stable custom-built desktop i7 4GHz 16GB RAM with system & software running on an SSD. Regardless of age/specs, preferences, or whatever, Premiere HAD been running smoothly and crash-free. All my other software continues to run smoothly and crash-free. The only change is the new Premiere update. 

Thank you for listening. 🙂

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Donald. Have you done any troubleshooting steps yet, such as, resetting preferences and/or deleting media cache with all projects closed? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Donald,

Sorry. We have not heard back from you at all. I'll lock the post. PM me if you are still having trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines