Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

File dialog (Save As, Import) causes freezing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally (about twice a week) Premiere freezes on me. When importing assets or exporting media Premiere freezes and it happens at the point where Windows tries to display the window. Part of it will be drawn, and then it freezes. It has happened for both 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions, and I have little hope it has disappeared in the new 2020 version.  The "file dialog" is part of Windows, so the problem is not necessarily an Adobe Premiere problem. However, no other app that I use has the same problem. In Premiere I use "Auto Save" heavily but it is still well annoying when it happens. Haven't been able to find a pattern.

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Thanks!

Box: Intel i7, Win 10 updated, Nvidia Geforce GTX960
Premiere Pro: Neat Video noise reduction plugin installed. Various presets installed. Nothing else.

TOPICS
Crash, Export, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Never happened for me in Premiere 2019, only since updating to Premiere 2020. Trying to open the Windows file browser in Premiere causes it to freeze 75% of the time.

I found an old forum post which said that deleting old Media Cache files fixes the issue, but this did not fix it in my case.

Premiere version: 14.0.0 (Build 572). No 3rd party plugins.

Intel i7-4790K, Windows 10 v1903, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX960

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue.  About every 3 or 4 times I try to open the import dialogue, premiere goes unresponsive.  ANYONE ANYONE ??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines