• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Import Failure

Guide ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to import an audio folder, I got an error message. How to fix it.

fif.png

There are only two folders in the audio folder. In each folder, there is a single file. Screenshot is attached.  

audi folder.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Re-downloaded file is attach. Please try it, because it is not working for me.    

By @MahaB82A

I downloaded it and the files works here and imports fine. I did not test everything, but i have no problems importing the S.04_IMPORT MEDIA & PROJECT PANEL_ folder. I do get tons of errors, but that´s all Mac files scattered in all folders that not import since they are not media files.

Averdahl_0-1637667086668.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Is it possible to fix this error? I am following a tutorial done in Mac but the problem is in the Q&A section of the tutorial no one has this issue. Therefore I assume this problem is with my computer.  

By @MahaB82A

Contact the one that created the tutorial. 🙂

Premiere Pro import supported files and throw an error on all non-supported files. Since the .zip file is full of unsupported files you will get an error. In the file i downloaded there are more unsupported files than supported fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are the audio files? Pr doesn't take every type of audio out there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

properties.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to import an audio folder, I got an error message. How to fix it.

By @MahaB82A

Using periods in file names can be problematic, so try to rename it to S04_Lecture_Music rather than using the original name ._S.04_Lecture.Music. Do the same for the other file, remove the periods from the filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed you advice but it gave a strange result. An empty folder was imported. I attach this folder for you to try. If you can it is issue with my computer. 

https://easyupload.io/yyhwn0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed you advice but it gave a strange result. An empty folder was imported. I attach this folder for you to try. If you can it is issue with my computer. 

https://easyupload.io/yyhwn0

By @MahaB82A

I get the same issue here and none of the files can be opened at all, in any app.

Can you re-download the source files for the course again? I did notice in your very first screen dumps that both files are only 220 bytes, and for audio that it very small and indicates that the initial download failed and/or that the zip archive is corrupt or did not unpack correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-downloaded file is attach. Please try it, because it is not working for me. It is a tutorial. In Q&A page I didn't see any complient about this. Therefore I assume issue is with my computer. As tutor is done this on Mac you can ignore DS_Store file. 

https://easyupload.io/6foe6p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-downloaded file is attach. Please try it, because it is not working for me.    

By @MahaB82A

I downloaded it and the files works here and imports fine. I did not test everything, but i have no problems importing the S.04_IMPORT MEDIA & PROJECT PANEL_ folder. I do get tons of errors, but that´s all Mac files scattered in all folders that not import since they are not media files.

Averdahl_0-1637667086668.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are a couple of the media files I found in your upload, I didn't check all the folders.

audio 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to fix this error? I am following a tutorial done in Mac but the problem is in the Q&A section of the tutorial no one has this issue. Therefore I assume this problem is with my computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @MahaB82A

Contact the one that created the tutorial. 🙂

Premiere Pro import supported files and throw an error on all non-supported files. Since the .zip file is full of unsupported files you will get an error. In the file i downloaded there are more unsupported files than supported files, hence the recommendation to contact the one that created the tutorial.

However, Mac computers always injects zip archives with unsupported files such as .DS_Store._.DS_Store and tons of files starting with a period, such as ._ S.06_Lecture_Music.wav. The folder __MACOSX in the zip file should just be ignored since it contains only non-supported files. If i get a zip file from a mac i always delete that folder since it´s unusable on a Windows machine. All this is due to how the Mac file system works.

Files starting with a period (.) are all unsupported files and will give you an error that just can be dismissed.

Since the supported material imports fine i would just ignore the error message.

This is how Premiere Pro works today for everyone so there is not an issue with your computer. I don´t know if the Mac version of Premiere Pro is smarter than the Windows version and by default ignore those files. That may explain why others don´t get those error messages, or that unpacked zip files on the Mac only contains the supported files.

If you import using the File > Import you can see the size of the files to see better what files to import. The 4 KB files are the ones that gives errors and can just be ignored. (They all start with a period as well, (.).)

Averdahl_0-1638278017306.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have many tutorial in Mac but only this perticular tutorial is with issues. And producing files you mentioned above. I cannot see above files in other tutorials created in Mac. I do not know the reason.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines