• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File importer detected an inconsistency...

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

When I want to export my project, I run in to problems.

En file (.mp4) that comes out only is 1kb and obviously doesn't work.
In Premiere Pro I get an error in the little yellow triangle, in the down right corner, saying:

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of BBO-tour-00001.mp4. Reading and writing this files metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

Does any of you have an idea, what I should do or look for?

I hope to hear from you.

Have a good day.

Best regards
Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Hello again...

So I tried a lot of different things, and it turned out the reason for this issue was too little free space on my harddisk.

Problem solved.

Thanks for taking your time to look at this.

Best regards
Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For ones who got this error and have enough space in disk and have been trying everything you see but nothing solve the problem, go yo archive, project manager and do this. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjdlOnO-PT7A...

At the moment premiere create a new folder and project, you need to open this new project and export, it should export perfect.

GET MY Premiere Pro 70 Transitions Pack: https://bit.ly/JMPresetPack How to easily collect and copy project media so you can share an entire premiere pro project file with the source footage to someone. Premiere Pro Smooth Movement Pack: http://bit.ly/JavierPresetPack01 My 350+ Split Screen and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. please I need an urgent help. So I exported a 20sec animation from c4d. When I bring the clip into premiere pro, it says 'importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing file's meta data (XMP) has been disabled.

P.S My window player plays the video smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the metadata is additional information about the file that can include all sorts of things that may not be important for your work such as timecode, and a ton of other things.  If it plays and exports without issues, you'll probably be ok.  If you need some reassurance, export the file in a high quality format such as prores hq from premiere and import the file back in to premiere.  If you don't get the warning, I'm guessing you'll be ok..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. So the video is not opening at all in premiere pro. It just shows the error and does nothing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might help if you tell us the export settings from c4d...  

You could also check the properties of the files in mediainfo

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

codec, frame rate, pixel dimensions are probably the most important specs we need...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bandicam 2020-11-13 19-43-56-634.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is not importing at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avi is an old format and is probably the cause of the problem.  export as a quicktime in a high quality format like prores 422 hq.  If you need a lossless format prores4444 wil do the trick.  If you need an alpha channel (transparency) so you can superimpose your animation, prores4444 has that capability...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4d doesn't export in prores. Thanks I figured out rendering in image sequence is the best rendering option on c4d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to convert the image sequence to something like prores in adobe media encoder...  I haven't had to deal with image sequences in premiere, but back in the day, they were a nightmare in fcp7.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the issue:

02/03/2017 10:18:20 AM : Queue Started

- Source File: /Users/cbolton/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/Untitled.prproj

- Output File: /Volumes/Data/Summary by Jay.mp4

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: 1280x720 (1.0), 29.97 fps, Upper, 00;20;49;19

- Audio: AAC, 192 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 1 pass, Target 2.68 Mbps, Max 5.18 Mbps

- Encoding Time: 00:15:14

02/03/2017 10:33:35 AM : File Encoded with warning

------------------------------------------------------------

File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of Summary by Jay.mp4.  Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

Adobe Media Encoder

Could not write XMP data in output file.

------------------------------------------------------------

02/03/2017 10:33:35 AM : Queue Stopped

I've tried everything. Restarting, moving cache files, changing saving locations, deleting render files and re-rendering, etc. doesn't work. I'm about to pull the remaining wisps of hair from my head.  Need help as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this warning actually interfere with my work.  Do you find that it is for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah absolutely. The file that gets exported is 28 bytes and is unreadable by anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those may be unrelated issues.

Search the forums.  I know there are other posts about those short exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually managed to fix the problem, but I'm still not sure what the root cause was.  I'll try to explain for those who have a similar problem.  First, I am dealing with large files from multiple cameras. This means that I had multiple drives plugged in at once. I'm editing this footage, still stored on all of the separate external drives, and I'm writing to another external drive. This normally works fine and I've been doing it this way for a while, yet this one time I used an external drive that came from a client and wasn't a thunderbolt drive, I believe it might be USB 2.0.  Something with the file transfer might have screwed that up somehow, but I'm not sure why.  When I moved all of the footage to the same drive, that's when it was fixed.

The other thing I did was delete a partition.  For some reason, I was delivered my work computer with a partition for "apps and startup" and "other data." This would normally be fine, but the guy who set up my computer severely underestimated the amount of space I'd need for applications and caches and the like.  I barely had 100MB left on my "Apps" partition and that's where all of the premiere pro caches were. I backed up my "data" partition and deleted it and just merged my main drive again.  That's where I moved all of my footage to which cleared up the problem.  I suspect that this scenario was where the actual problem was.

Lastly, I just updated Premiere.  I don't think that was the problem, but it's always good practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The exported file is openable but it isn't the same lenght as the project and is somewhat corrupted, glitchy. It ends earlier (from 3 m 35 s to something like a minute). Export in full HD was successful but when I tried to export it in 4k I ran into those issues. I tried it multiple times and I tried to cut everything from the timeline to a new project – same result. I am exporting it straight to my PC's (C:) drive.

Could the cause be that different files in the project are on different drives? Some are on C: and some on my external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definately a memory issue - i've just had this exact same error message come up while trying to export a video and by switching the render to an external drive with loads of memory the problem was resolved. Turns out 'my documents' folder on my work computer is practically full and couldn't cope with the space required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am creating a demo video for my company. It was working fine and all my videos I can drag in except 3. I don't have time to reinstall my program, because I am on a tight deadline. I don't know what is wrong, all my other videos work fine. When I open those three videos in the media player it also works fine.

I get a file importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure error.

Please let me know if any of you have any advice on how to fix this

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake might be your easiest way out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the comment, at the end Handbrake did work the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you are getting error while importing files in Premiere Pro. We're here to help. Could you share more details so that we can troubleshoot the issue?

• Did you try the suggestions provided by @Ann Bens? Did it help?
  • Which version of Adobe Premiere Pro are you using?
  • Please share your system details(OS, RAM, GPU, CPU, etc).
  • What is the format of the files you are facing issues with?

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi, thank you for your messages. I did end up talking to one of your colleagues. They helped me sort it out, in the end, I had to use Handbrake. 

But thank you for reaching out

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been trying to edit together some gameplay footage that I recorded on bandicam to upload to youtube. I am very much a rookie in the world of Premiere Pro! The video footage has the background game audio combined and I separately recorded my commentary (though when I add the video, the commentary audio is somehow added as well).

I am having a very strange issue. When I add my video and audio files together, the video playback is marginally faster for about the first 10 - 15 minutes of the video, so the commentary and background audio is out of sync. By the middle of the video, both audio clips (which are in sync with each other) are about 30 seconds out of sync with the video. Nearing the end it is about 7 seconds out of sync and (somehow) matches up at the last second of the video.

I have been searching the forums and the rest of the internet for answers and have tried many things; changing the audio and video type (from mp4 to mov - downloading Quicktime recommendation), restarting my computer and trying again, using a different copy of the video, separating the video and audio and trying to sync it and using the J, K and L keys. I have also tried adding a different recording which resulted in the exact same effect.

I have put this into other media players (Quicktime & windows 10 films & tv players) and the video and audio is perfectly synchronised. It seems that the issue is only occurring in Premiere Pro.

I have had multiple warning messages pop up while editing and I don't know which one (if any or all) is causing the problem. The warning messages I have received are:

"File reporter detected an inconsistency in the file structure of Bandicam [video].mp4. Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

Another (which I can no longer find the error message - it was last night and hasn't popped up today) said my video/audio is only available in an offline state. When hovering over the video itself (or selecting properties) the video reads that it is available in an offline state.

I am really very confused with this and I hope someone can help me resolve this.

I hope to be able to upload this and also to continue to use Premiere Pro as I will also be starting to use it for work purposes in the not too distant future!

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason it is out of sync is that the file is variable framerate which Premiere cannot handle.

Convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing it into Premiere.

HandBrake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines