File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the issue:

02/03/2017 10:18:20 AM : Queue Started

- Source File: /Users/cbolton/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/Untitled.prproj

- Output File: /Volumes/Data/Summary by Jay.mp4

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: 1280x720 (1.0), 29.97 fps, Upper, 00;20;49;19

- Audio: AAC, 192 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 1 pass, Target 2.68 Mbps, Max 5.18 Mbps

- Encoding Time: 00:15:14

02/03/2017 10:33:35 AM : File Encoded with warning

------------------------------------------------------------

File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of Summary by Jay.mp4.  Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

Adobe Media Encoder

Could not write XMP data in output file.

------------------------------------------------------------

02/03/2017 10:33:35 AM : Queue Stopped

I've tried everything. Restarting, moving cache files, changing saving locations, deleting render files and re-rendering, etc. doesn't work. I'm about to pull the remaining wisps of hair from my head.  Need help as soon as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

I actually managed to fix the problem, but I'm still not sure what the root cause was.  I'll try to explain for those who have a similar problem.  First, I am dealing with large files from multiple cameras. This means that I had multiple drives plugged in at once. I'm editing this footage, still stored on all of the separate external drives, and I'm writing to another external drive. This normally works fine and I've been doing it this way for a while, yet this one time I used an external drive

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this warning actually interfere with my work.  Do you find that it is for you?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah absolutely. The file that gets exported is 28 bytes and is unreadable by anything.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those may be unrelated issues.

Search the forums.  I know there are other posts about those short exports.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually managed to fix the problem, but I'm still not sure what the root cause was.  I'll try to explain for those who have a similar problem.  First, I am dealing with large files from multiple cameras. This means that I had multiple drives plugged in at once. I'm editing this footage, still stored on all of the separate external drives, and I'm writing to another external drive. This normally works fine and I've been doing it this way for a while, yet this one time I used an external drive that came from a client and wasn't a thunderbolt drive, I believe it might be USB 2.0.  Something with the file transfer might have screwed that up somehow, but I'm not sure why.  When I moved all of the footage to the same drive, that's when it was fixed.

The other thing I did was delete a partition.  For some reason, I was delivered my work computer with a partition for "apps and startup" and "other data." This would normally be fine, but the guy who set up my computer severely underestimated the amount of space I'd need for applications and caches and the like.  I barely had 100MB left on my "Apps" partition and that's where all of the premiere pro caches were. I backed up my "data" partition and deleted it and just merged my main drive again.  That's where I moved all of my footage to which cleared up the problem.  I suspect that this scenario was where the actual problem was.

Lastly, I just updated Premiere.  I don't think that was the problem, but it's always good practice.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The exported file is openable but it isn't the same lenght as the project and is somewhat corrupted, glitchy. It ends earlier (from 3 m 35 s to something like a minute). Export in full HD was successful but when I tried to export it in 4k I ran into those issues. I tried it multiple times and I tried to cut everything from the timeline to a new project – same result. I am exporting it straight to my PC's (C:) drive.

Could the cause be that different files in the project are on different drives? Some are on C: and some on my external hard drive.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's definately a memory issue - i've just had this exact same error message come up while trying to export a video and by switching the render to an external drive with loads of memory the problem was resolved. Turns out 'my documents' folder on my work computer is practically full and couldn't cope with the space required.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines