Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing...

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem importing a .mov file to Premiere receiving the error "File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled." The file is around 35 GB and I have it on an external hard drive with plenty of space. I've tried throwing it in Media Encoder to compress the file but there I also get an error message. I'm not really sure what to do at this point and I'm worried the file is corrupted. Any help would be appreciated

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the  hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?
Is the C drive almost full?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The external hard drive where the video is on is a Toshiba HDD originally with 2TB of space, now about 1.25 TB free. The C drive only has around 50 GB free, could that be the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The C drive only has around 50 GB free, could that be the problem?

By @Madlean5CC1

Yes.  You need more free space for temp and system files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've freed up slightly more space (up to 67 GB free), but why is it that I need more C drive space when the Premiere project and videos are stored on the external hard drive?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your Media Cache stored?

What size is your C drive?  Is it an SSD or HDD?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that makes more sense, my media cache is stored in my C drive, I just cleaned that out. My C drive has 237 GB total and is an SSD. I've also recently done a disk cleanup to free up any more space. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured it out... turns out the whole video file never moved completely out of the SD card, or something went wrong in that process, so I tried it again and it's working fine. Imported it into Premiere and everything is going smoothly. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to encode that file using Handbrake and make sure to have it in constant frame rate

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know much about Handbrake, could you expand on your comment?

I shot the video in 30 fps, so I'm pretty sure I know it has a constant frame rate?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay no problem concerning frame rate,  i tried Hanbrake many times to encode

videos that encountered such issues in Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

Try it it's an open source free video transcoder: handbrake.fr

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines