• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file naming features

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a question that I've tried asking before but most people misunderstand.  So i'm going to try again.  Once upon a time in Premiere 5 or 5.5 there was a feature where you could name your files but if you put in a symbol (can't remember if it was the forward-slash or dash) after the name followed by another name. Then the exporter would name the file whatever came after the symbol.  For example: Daily Promo/IDPR50555

and the file would be called IDPR50555.  Does anyone know if there is still something like that with the current premiere?  Because later versions of premiere stopped working with the symbol that we were using and it's been so long I can't remember exactly what it was.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not accept  /  or   \  in a filename.

This is easy to test yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows, but not Mac, in almost all apps that use the standard Windows Save dialog, the "save as name" can be written as AAA\BBB. This means something quite exact: it means go to the directory AAA and then save the file BBB. The directory AAA has to already exist inside the directory shown in Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines