• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File won't save to MP4

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am SUPER new to Premier Pro and cannot find the answer to my question. I am trying to export my short video as an MP4. But MP4 doesn't show up as an option for me and when I try to export and/or save, it only gives me .prproj as the file extension format. I am assuming I have a setting off somewhere-any help much appreciated!

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

You need to EXPORT your video. 

Make sure the sequence you want to export is selected. And then go to File > Export. A dialog box will open on the right-hand side there will be a place to choose FORMAT. Select H.264. And under that, there is a Preset. Scroll through the presets and look for one that works for you. Or just use Match Source - High bitrate if you're not sure. Next to "Output Name" click on the blue title. This will open up a sort of save dialog box where you can change the name o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to EXPORT your video. 

Make sure the sequence you want to export is selected. And then go to File > Export. A dialog box will open on the right-hand side there will be a place to choose FORMAT. Select H.264. And under that, there is a Preset. Scroll through the presets and look for one that works for you. Or just use Match Source - High bitrate if you're not sure. Next to "Output Name" click on the blue title. This will open up a sort of save dialog box where you can change the name of your video file and choose where to save it on your hard drive. This will help get you started with your first export and from there you can start learning the settings and such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save my video in MP4 either. When I select File> Export>, there is no FORMAT to select.
Note: last week Adobe Suite updated everthing and it's a mess. Nothing seems to be where it should be. I need to send this video to work tomorrow as a MP4, and it looks to be impossible. I need information that is accurate as of October 2022.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Beverly,

Have you selected the Timeline panel before choosing to export? That can trip you up. You can also click the Timeline and press the Quick Export button in the upper right of the interface. Let us know if you need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines