Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Lost

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saved my project and now when I open it up there is no files and no edits it's all empty.

I went to the auto-saved folder and the last one is the same it's all empty and one before the last has the files but a lot of the edits and files are missing (because it's not the last auto-saved)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Go to Window > Workspaces > Reset Current Workspace or Window > Projects and select your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us.

post+screendump.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open premiere and don't import anything and you'll see what I see. Premiere opens and simply no file like it's a new project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jake_Sp!

I wonder if maybe your file saved under a new name? If you search for files ending in .prproj can you find the correct file?

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up my saved .prproj file and it's empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Project Panel and see if there is a sequence there.  Double click to open the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's completely empty. No files, no sequence and no edits. All gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look.Premiere Screenshot Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Workspaces > Reset Current Workspace or Window > Projects and select your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million. You're the only one that gave me the right answer.

Thanks a million bro for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-01-28_00-24-32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann pointed out with her graphic,  the Project panel was "down the line" and not showing on that pane. Had you clicked the arrows it would have scrolled into view.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, but when I try this suggestion, there is no option to "reset current workspace or window". It looks like when my computer updated to Premiere Pro 2023 from 2022, the file gets converted whenever I try to open it. Then it's completely blank. No arrows to anything "down the line." So frustrating because I did a lot of work on this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is highly recommended to add new major versions, to never replace any CC versions. It is also recommended to duplicate 2022 or earlier projects before opening in 2023, just to make absolutely sure you can go back to where you were.

So ... for a "missing" Project panel you can always go to the Window menu, and from that drop-down, select the Project panel. If it is already showing as selected, it's there in one of your panels somewhere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines