Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files on external drive greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a fataly serious issue with Adobe files in Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1

I've always worked off of an external SSD or external HDD with no issues, until upgrading to Monterey. 

Now I have this isssue where my Premiere and After Effects files on my external drive are greyed out. When I try to open them I get this message:

“[my file]” can’t be opened right now because it’s being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Trash. Try again when the current task is complete.

I've tried restarting, unmounting and remounting the drive, repairing the drive, emptying the trash, and uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere and After Effects. The issue persists. I am locked out of files that I've spent hours on and need to get back into and I have no way of even saving down the files. 

Also of note, my premiere or after effects files are fine until I open them and when I save them is when they go greyed out. This problem doesn't seem to happen when I save to my internal drive.

This is Premiere Pro 2022 and AE 2022.  I don't know what to do, this means that I can't work until these issues are resolved. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I can't help but notice that someone else was also posting about having drive issues when updating to Monterey on Mac.  

One thing I wanted to ask was whether or not you tried checking the drive permissions to see if it was Read & Write?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is Read and Write. Like I mentioned, older files are accessible, but when I open them and save them again they go greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also seen some others with similar issues. I haven't been able to re-create the issue myself but I wonder if it's a drive format issue. Do you have a drive that you can reformat and dump some of the troubled files to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines