• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Won't Stay Selected When Pasting Into Timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is an odd issue I have recently ran into and I haven't found an answer online. I assume it may be just an oversight on my end and not a glitch, but figured I'd ask here in case. 

When working on a project file two days ago, I noticed that if I copied a file from another location on the timeline and pasted it elsewhere to duplicate the file, it used to remain selected even when moving through the timeline. However, now when I paste anything in it is automatically de-selcted. Obviously not a huge issue, I just can re-select it and move it, but a little annoying since I have been used to it working that way.

I've tried on different sequences with the same result since Monday. Is there a setting I accidentally switched off or is this an error/is there a simple fix? 

I've been using Adoe premiere since the end of CS5 and I can't think of a time that it acted like this prior. 

Thanks for any help! Appreciate it! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Uncheck Selection follows playhead in the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck Selection follows playhead in the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help! I figured it was something minor like that, really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines