• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Source Frame Numbers From DPX Image Sequence?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listing some context in case something is broken earlier in my process: I'm bringing in a dpx image sequence into premiere. The source frames go from 0172800.dpx - 0177600.dpx (4800 frames)

When I import the DPX's into premiere they came in as 4800 seperate 'clips' named after each frame. Each clip appears to be a self contained sequence of all the frames - i.e. there will be a clip called "0172800.dpx" which premiere shows as 4800 frames long and if I being it into a sequence it reads as a self-contained clip containing all my DPX frames. Aside from their being 4799 other clips which have appeared... this is basically what I want to see (a self-contained image sequence of the DPX's rather than 4800 seperate frames) 

HOWEVER my actual question is: using one of these 'clips' I have a specific frame range I am exporting and I need to find how that range corresponds to the source DPX frames. Aside from reverse engineering some math (i.e. I know frame 1 is 0172800.dpx and the frame range I'm looking at starts 1200 frames later, so would start at 177000.dpx, etc) is there an automated way for me to see via metadata or something, how any specific frame of this 'clip' corresponds to the source DPX filenames? 

I've tried exporting an EDL to see if that lists the source frame numbers of the range I have cut out, but no luck. 

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know why this came in as clips for every frame from this ticket:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/import-dpx-files-into-premiere-pro-cc/m-p/9948085#M16030...

^Makes sense

But my main question stands: is there was a way to determine the source frame number / range for any subset or specific frame of an image sequence you've imported? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines