• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First Premiere Pro doesn't like mp3s and now doesn't accept .wav or any other audio files.

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't get why Premiere has a problem with both .mp3s and .wav. Whoever suggested that Premiere Pro is great for audio podcasts is wrong.

Now, my audio volumes go up and down when I hear it in Premiere Pro.

I've also tried the media encoder, but none the audio files work. The audio still sounds like it is constantly going from low to high volume. I don't know how else to fix this.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr has never liked working with mp3 files, they're heavily compressed and seem to cause troubles at times.

Wav files however are normally great in Pr. Should not be an issue. Although I you can record audio while working in Pr, I wouldn't except for over-dubbing some short section.

That's what Audition is for in the Adobe apps. It's pretty good at capturing from a mic & recording to disc.

What did you use to capture the files? On a sequence in Pr, OBS, what? And how do they play outside Pr?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Files .Wav works great in PrPro. But, there are times when there is an incorrect encoding in the structure of the file itself and therefore there is incorrect work on the timeline, which sometimes leads to program freezes. A great option for work .Wav format in all NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines