• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flatten audio level in one clip

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a clip (NB! Just one clip) that is an interview. Since the interview is done using a mobile phone, the sound level of the interviewer is higher than that of the person being interviewed.

I am looking for a way of "levelling" the sound level in the clip, so that the interviewer has the same volume as the person being interviewed.

Done a lot of Googling, but many of the tips involves the audio gain, but that does not "flatten" the audio curve, it just adjusts the level of the complete clip. There are also a lot around normalizing audio between clips, but I am interested in levelling out a single clip.

The clip typically looks like below, where the first half is the person asking the question, and the last half is the person answering.

Any tip? Can it be done within Premiere Pro? Any easy way in Audition?

audio.jpg

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I would use audition, make selections, adjust gain for that selection,  and repeat, trying to match the volume wave form so it's uniform. If you make an adjustment and don't like it you can use UNDO for that selection and try again with slightly different value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make cut using Razor tool in between where the audio is low and select it, then you can increase its voloume separately for that particular low volume.

Thanks,

Suraj. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HEllo, you can also CMD(MAc)/Ctrl(PC)+click on the thin yellow line to add several anchors points, (for instance at 0%, 50%, 60% and 100%) and manipulate the levels differently for the different areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines