Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Flicker over video in timeline and on export despite not being found in footage

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I recently upgraded to the Macbook Pro M1 Max and am running the latest version of Monterey. 

Ever since updating my Premiere Pro, footage that was recorded properly and plays back properly is now flickering in my preview window, my timeline, and in the final exported file. 

The footage is not corrupt and plays fine in my harddrive. This problem only happens when editing and exporting. All of the sequence settings are correct. 

Most frustrating of all, the problem goes away if I close Premiere and re-open it, but it comes back randomly at different intervals of time. I have tried twice to uninstall and re-install and the problem has continued. 

Any help would be appreciated! I have attached two screen grabs taken from one frame to the next. The first frame grab shows the gray flash appearing over the footage, the second frame grab shows the footage as it should be. 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the reply. 

I went through the entire checklist and tried all of this and the problem is still continuing. It seems to only happen with footage shot on my C70, although on playback the footage is fine and the sequence is built off of the footage, so settings are appropriate. 

This wasn't a problem before my update and the camera settings have not changed in the time between. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also seem to keep getting an "error retrieving clip" message. 
I can get this all to work temporarily by closing premiere and re-opening it, or creating a new sequence from the source clip and copying and pasting everything over, but it only last for about 15 minutes and then the flicker comes back. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing to add! The problem is not happening in After Effects, it seems to be a Premiere issue only. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am attaching a screen recording of the flicker here if that helps anymore, starts at 00:03, and you can see in the Lumetri Scopes where it changes. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines