Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering Issue

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currrently experiencing trouble with flickering on several of my drone videos.  I'm fairly new to Premiere Pro and was surprised to have this issue.  I'm running Premiere Pro 22.1.2 on a new Macbook Pro, M1/Pro.  It seems the problem can effect either hightlight or shadow areas.  It's very frustrating, it's ruined a few of my clips.  Attached are a couple of samples of my problem.  Appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick look through other users of Mac M1's and latest versions of Premiere Pro on this forum - there seem to be a number of issues, while not your exact issue may be indicative of encoding bugs in latest version.

Are you seeing this issue on raw footage played in QuickTime Player? Are you seeing the issue when footage is played in Premiere Pro. Is the issue only present after exporting? 

Few things to try:

Preview render your timeline/sequence before exporting - then export - but click 'match sequence settings' in the export window (top left corner). If the export looks OK - then you can re-encode this exported file to whatever you want (i.e. H.264) in Media Encoder. An extra (annoying) step* but can be a short term solution.

Or:

right click on the Premiere Pro application in finder, choose 'get info' and tick 'Open using Rosetta'.

see if that has any affect. 

Or:

Set File> Project Settings> General> Renderer to 'software only' or vice versa if it's already on Software only.

Or:

Install the 22.0 version of Premiere Pro and see if the issue remains.

What is interesting from analysis of your clips is that it's not so much a 'flickering' problem but appears to be an encoding error. The blockiness and resolution (both luma and colour resolution) appears to get progressively worse as the clip plays. Almost like the level of compression is getting higher & higher over time. Have a look at the Lumetri scopes to see what I mean.

Sorry can't help more and don't really have a proper solution - good luck.

* I've been having different export issues from a 2020 Intel MacPro where sequences get truncated (shortened in length) on export but the isssue does not occur on Intel MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines