• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font menu is microscopic - can I change it?

Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font menu in the Effect Controls panel is so small that the preview (the word "Sample") is useless. Is there a way to enlarge that, like in After Effects?

I'va attached a screen shot of the PPro font list. I haven't scaled it down in Photoshop to 25% or anything, even though it appears so!

fonts.jpg

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshot in original post.

insert photo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks normal to me.

What is your screen resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be "normal", but it is totally useless. There is no way to properly see the difference between, say, Kinesis Pro 3 and Land Rover - two entirely different fonts. Compare it to the After Effects font menu, which I screen-shot on exactly the same 4K 32" screen (with no Windows scaling/magnification - the system is set to display at 100%). As well as being tiny, some of the Premiere font samples are not even anti-aliased, like some pre-Adobe Type Manager bitmapped Macintosh System 7 fonts! Compare Liberation Serif at the bottom of the list.

fontsComparison.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an ideal world, Premiere would use Illustrator's font menu, whose preview can be made massive:

fonts_Illustrator.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The font menu is like a a gimmick. Completely useless. I'd also appreciate if it was possible to make the font previews as large as needed, without having to go the extra step of using a different application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see what the problem is:

hellopaul4_0-1668446345043.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:microscope: I think I'll use "Parchment" - that looks like a good choice in that list.

(it's not even anti-aliased!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you highlight the text in the EGP you can scroll through the fonts with mouse/page up-down.

In whatever fontsize you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried that, since I'm used to doing it that way in Photoshop, but in Premiere the text doesn't change until I hit enter. Then I need to highlight it again, move the cursor back to the font menu and select the next font and so on. This takes a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for following up. I checked again. You're right. I had misunderstood the instructions. It works using the mouse wheel. Solved my problem, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pick your font in Illustrator then simply bring it into PP.

Put in an Enhancement Request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Ann said, if you select your text in the program monitor, just a simple click, then when you scroll the list of fonts, you'll see it change on screen. And you could enlarge the text etc, to see it any size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines