• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage appears darker after imported into Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pictured below are two screenshots of the exact same clip. On the left is how the footage looks straight out of camera. On the right is the clip imported into and then exported out of Premiere Pro (with no effects applied). Why does the right one look so much darker?

Footage was shot on Canon EOS R in 1080P (All-I) format

This is Premiere version 13.0.3 on Mac OS Mojave.

Interestingly, in the little preview in the project window, it looks like normal colors, but after I drag it into the timeline, it gets darker.

Darker.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

NGerman​ benjaminstooke​ dominiques39593537​

A document has been compiled with all the information on this issue! Check it out here:

"Why does my footage look darker in Premiere?" Color Q&A

Some of the screenshots and data provided by this thread has made it into the doc! Hope it's helpful.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this issue the moment I updated my Mac OS to Monterey. Was pissed off for a bit becasue I didn't know if it was a computer or PP problem. It's both. Mac doesn't care whether Abode works on their computers because they have Final Cut, so when they rip a new OS update every new year - there's bound to be bugs all up in this mf. 

What I did:

1) Updated from an eraly version of Big Sur to Monterey...Bad move

2) Reinstalled the newest version of Big Sur, didn't fix it.

3) Went back to Catalina, fixed it. 

For whatever reason the bug persists in later versions of Big Sur and the newer Monterey. I have not updated my OS to see if it's fixed or not. Low key not going too becasue it was a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines