Exit

Footage files going corrupt...? "importer reported a generic error"

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a weird situation.

When using premiere, I'd be going along nicely, then I'd find that a clip is now suddenly offline, or constantly "media pending".

I'd then go find this file, only for me to discover that it is now corrupted and won't play.

Literally only moments prior the file appeared to be working fine.

Luckily so far, i have had back ups of the files that this has happened to.

But i do not want to be in a situation where i don't.

The files are stored on a Synology NAS, which for has never seen this issue before.
I contacted Synology and on their end, they say everything is fine.
I have contacted windows (I'm on a PC) they say everything is fine.

So that's why I'm here. Is there a connection issue? Does something go wrong with the Premiere -> footage connection for this to occur?

All i know is, is that something is wrong.

Thanks

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

64 GB RAM

Quadro M4000

Windows 10

Prem v13.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this happen to me before, and it is rarely the file itself (it often play back fine in VLC, for example).

Try resetting the preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? )

You can also try and import the project into a new project, and see if that helps. Sometimes, I think the project itself gets confused, more than there being an issue with the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines