• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

footage is brighter on import and darker on timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm having a hard time resolving this issue that has appeared out of nowere and i can't find any solution for it, Premiere worked fine until a day ago with correct interpretation of footage colorspace, but today all of a sudden there is a huge shift in footate interpretation.- i'm using a jpeg squence for a draft preview and i had no issues in 10 years + of working like this all looked correct. Funny thing is even older projects when opened look changed like this not matter what i import it looks bright in the library and preview and darker in viewport.

Long story short in AfterEffects everything is fine, other players show it fine also, if i export with premiere is looks like s!@t, if i send it to queue to Media Encoder it exports it perfect even the preview there looks ok , i've tried uninstalling and installing again and also installing the latest versions but all looks the same.

I think there is some sort of config file that remains in place even after uninstalling because i don't understand why it keeps looking like this and on other PCs its looking correct and i realy don't want to make a full system wipe for this garbage bug.(reseting to default with ATL does not help either)

Maybe someone can help me and sort this thing out, thanks.

TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

So the fix was this, uninstall everything then manualy go to all the adobe folders and delete them , then search entire OS drive for adobe files and delete them, because unintstalling for Adobe is not 100% removal but more like 80% and leave garbage in the OS for i don't know late use for keeping Space full.

Then go to adobe cloud, install it and install all programs( good thing i don't use many) and voila premiere works correct now.(check attachement and compare to other one).

This took me 40 min

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen is our resident color expert, I remember him commenting on similiar issues to this one. Neil, do you remember why some users are getting color shifts on export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good does not help, tried all , its some internal softaware setting that has changed and i need to fully wipe out all adobe and delete all related to adobe in order to have a full clean install of this bloody software as for some reason there is no full factory reset for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the fix was this, uninstall everything then manualy go to all the adobe folders and delete them , then search entire OS drive for adobe files and delete them, because unintstalling for Adobe is not 100% removal but more like 80% and leave garbage in the OS for i don't know late use for keeping Space full.

Then go to adobe cloud, install it and install all programs( good thing i don't use many) and voila premiere works correct now.(check attachement and compare to other one).

This took me 40 mins of wasted time and more the 5h hours of wasted client hours in search for a fix for some internal config file change that you can't find or reset.

So right now i just need to spend another 2h installing all the plugins i'm using in all programs 🙂 so thank you adobe for a fine software and the good Adobe Proffesionals that just paste links to threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines