Copy link to clipboard
I have a project file sent to me by someone else, where for whatever reason the footage plays completely fine on their PC but is unbearably laggy on mine.
things I've tried:
- creating a new sequence in the same project file with different footage plays fine
- using proxies does not boost performance at all
- rendering the entire timeline has no effect on performance
- computer is more than capable of editing this type of footage and has done so many times before
- Clearing media cache has no effect
- Working with small sections of the footage in a smaller sequence helps, but it is still unusable
- Rendering audio doesn't help but also doesn't seem to work correctly. The rendering window appears for a split second before disappearing.
- global fx switch has no effect on performance.
- updating Premiere Pro did not help, tried v 23.0 and returned to 22.6.2
- using Multicam instead of stacked footage does not help
RTX 3070 TI
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Screenshot of the rendered timeline in a smaller sequence
I am currently re-encoding all of the original media in hopes that might help, but given that rendering the timeline and using proxies made no difference, I'm not confident it will.
Make new project and import this one.
See how that goes.
I owe you my life Ann Bens 🙏