• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage not exporting properly with new BRAW plug-in

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a little issue with my Braw footage i was able to import raw footage onto premier and also edit with no problem but when its time to export my footage wont come out i use H2.64 youtube ultra 4k setting to export simple and my other DSLR Footages come out but not the blackmagic raw footage can someone help me out?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DKalep,

Sorry man. Does it work with any H.265 presets? Let us know.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so i figured it out yes the new blackmagic raw that either adobe or blackmagic put out did not work for me, i was able to edit fine but the exporting would not go through mabe it was bugged or missing some codecs not made the right way. so i went ahead and bought autokroma pluggin problem solved everything works fine and exports fine as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay. I have that program but i never got to use it. The new update came out so i was like okay let me go with the official plug in. I guess i have to go an reinstall. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it. So far, most of what i've used to get a nice high quality output has the same results. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kdalep, I know this isn't much help, but I just tried exporting BRAW using the h.264 settings you mentioned and it worked fine for me.  The footage came out great.  I'm on a Windows machine... are you on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows the autokroma pluggin worked for me but the blackmagic raw that came out by blackmagic not so long ago did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC. Man, wondering why it isn't working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

if you are on a Mac, try to switch your renderer to Metal

if on Windows, try to switch to any available GPU acceleration, if greyed out, 

you are working in software only and your GPU might need either an update 

or a roll back if the issue started after an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using windows but it was the blackmagic raw pluggin that did not work properly for me dont know why so i bought the autokroma pluggin problem solved everything works fine and exports fine as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, there are several Premiere users on Facebook reporting issues with the current BRAW plugin (v1.5), including an export issue that sounds like what you described. Personally, I've had issues with loading BRAW clips into the Source Monitor that causes a hang. Not everyone is experiencing these issues (even on the same machines) so it's frustrating to troubleshoot. It's all been reported on the Blackmagic forums so hopefully they're workng on a new version of the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so i figured it out yes the new blackmagic raw that either adobe or blackmagic put out did not work for me, i was able to edit fine but the exporting would not go through mabe it was bugged or not made the right way. so i went ahead and bought autokroma pluggin problem solved everything works fine and exports fine as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that is has been reported to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was super excited about the new plugin Blackmagic design just released that made it possible to edit native BRAW footage in premiere.  While everything was working properly in the timeline. Once I exported to h.264 in 4k resolution, i noticed that the file has all the high lights completely blown out. Has anyone had this issue come up. The only option that works is the match sequence setting at a low bitrate without pass2 or CBR selected. Any fixes coming for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's a BlackMagic plug-in, so the most salient bug fixes are going to have to come from them, I think. That said, please let our team know about your woes. You can file a bug here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having this issue, its weird because yesterday I did not have these problems. 
I was able to use the Apple ProRes MXF setting to get a clean export.  I used LT, but assume any of the flavors would work. Then bring it back into media encoder to make it h.264. 
I've also been experiencing other issues with this. The RAW Capabilities have not been working. Or they work sometimes. Then not other times. I ended up having to disable masterclip settings altogether to be able to edit somewhat efficiently. I will not be shooting raw again until theres an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution! I had the exact same issue and found a work around for me at least. I typically check "render at maximium depth", but when this is checked when exporting .braw clips, the export is terribly over exposed. When I uncheck this box, the issue goes away. I tried many other settings before figuring this out. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I am running premeire on a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI everyone: in case you missed it, Blackmagic released an update to their BRAW plugin. Go to their support section and download v1.5.1 and then run the included uninstaller to remove the older version before installing the new one. It appears to have fixed a lot of issues, including this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth to you ... I never had solid and continual success with the free plugin from BlackMagic ... so I bought the Autokroma plugin. It just works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work 😕 Some files get exported, some don't. Absolutely no difference between the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plugin are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try exporting to the Apple ProRes codec, something high quality and lossless like 4444. Mine was doing the same thing when trying to export to .mp4, probably because media encoder struggles to communicate with the blackmagic plugin when attempting to compress it. Once I went to ProRes, no issues at all. From there you can put that export back into media encoder to compress it into a more mangageable format like h.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines