• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage on cloned G-raid drive not showing up in premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took over a project, working/editing from my 2020 Mackbook pro, but footage was on a Seagate expansion drive. The drive was acting funny, so I went out and got a G-raid pro drive and did a mirror clone of seagate drive 8.7 TB of media. It coped over to G-raid - everything is there in drive. However, when I opened the project with the G-raid drive - the footage and proxies don't show up - even when I tried going into the timeline to individually relink 2937 clips. I have exhausted all editors and resources and no one understands IF IT IS A CLONE why the media wouldn't relink. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

UPDATE 9/13/22 10;35 PM PST

It is fixed - in the most bizarre way. All of the footage that was the problem, I just hit offline all and for whatever reason it relinked. This is bizarre and I will further investigate, but at least it is now all there. I am saving, closing and will reopen to see if it now knows the G-Raid drive as its home. This is a real janky way to workaround. But thanks so much for your suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send any screengrabs of the folder structure and the relinking dialogue boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the drive formatted for Mac and not Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatted ExFAT. Someone mentioned something about permissions for Premiere in OS - and all permissions were granted. The exact same thing happened with the Seagate HUB when I made the clone. The footage (raw) and the proxies are there on the drive AND the audio, but the 17 days of production shooting footage and audio do not show up in Premiere. I spoke with the original editor who set up the project, and he has no clue why this is. But it has to be a "read" issue when Premiere looks at the drive (again, same thing happened with Seagate HUB that is happening to the G-Raid pro. So there's something getting in translation on new drive back into Premiere. No one seems to know. (If it was just the footage that would make more sense bc I heard about some proxy issues, but it is also the audio. All the other media - songs, broll etc NOT shot on the production days are there and no problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also also - the editor was using an older version of Premiere, but not sure this would matter. Thanks in advance for reading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send us a screengrab of the folder structure and relink dialogue, it will really help to troubleshoot what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thank you guys so much for responding. A mystery indeed. NOTE: a DIT friend said to make a dupe, delete everything but the first minute (which uses the footage that Premiere won't read on clone GRaid,) and copy media through project manager. It did not work. Error message said the clips could not be copied. SO this leads me to believe it is "locked" or whatever - but the original drive gives me full permissions. Attached are the 1,2, and 3 pics showing tree of folders for project and 4 shows how the GRaid is exact structure. THANK YOU!!! I am at a loss and I hope it's not something super stupid on my part. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE 9/13/22 10;35 PM PST

It is fixed - in the most bizarre way. All of the footage that was the problem, I just hit offline all and for whatever reason it relinked. This is bizarre and I will further investigate, but at least it is now all there. I am saving, closing and will reopen to see if it now knows the G-Raid drive as its home. This is a real janky way to workaround. But thanks so much for your suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines