• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For anyone struggling with grey flickers / glitches in latest premiere (timelines & Exports)

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're struggling and tearing your hair out over this stupid grey contrast flickers / glitches recently, revert back to an older version, it fixes it straight away. I personally went back to 22.0 and it's been fine. Also got rid of the silly new exports window which is an added bonus. 

This started only happening on my MXF files (S-Cinetone, slog 3) but has now somehow morphed over into mp4s too in my latest project. I'm so fed up with this software at the moment, probably not the best place to complain (don't get me started on the LUT issues this year) but hey, I hope this helps someone.

10 plus years of premiere editing, god I'm close to jumping ship.

Hardware all these issues have been tested & happening on:

Macbook Pro 2019 i9 2.3 ghz, 16gb ram

Macbook Pro MAX 2022, 64gb ram

RTX 2070, i9-9900K @ 3.60Ghz, 64gb ram

Added example of issue caused in the latest premiere. Apologies for the emotional teenager-esque typing. I'm officially annoyed after the amount of money I've spent with Adobe and to keep having to go through these things.

R

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the flickering issues. The team knows about this problem and is working on a fix. Yes, reverting to an earlier version is the workaround for now. Keep an eye on the beta for a potential fix.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kevin,

Is there already a fix for this?

I have the same problem in almost all off my projects.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bennie,

Sorry to hear of your woes. Is it possible to let me know about your system and media? I usually don't use native camera media, particularly if it is H.264 or HEVC-based; I always transcode to ProRes. If you try transcodes or creating proxies, let me know if that works for you. It should.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines