• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Format of closed captions in premier pro

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I force closed captions in premier pro to just stay on one line, if that is possible? (I know it is possible by reducing text size but I want to keep the text size quite large and so using this variable is unsatisfactory)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Caption 608 is limited to 32 characters per line; 708, 42. You actually can't change font size - that is left to the viewer, and will also be limited.

Closed captions on one line are challenging.

Since you see a font size option, I assume you have some type of caption stream other than 608/708? And single/multi-line formatting can be challenging in any of the formats.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stan, Regarding formatting, you helped me over the weekend create a 608 Caption so I could export in SCC. That worked fine and I fixed my line lengths. Now I, too, have a format/font question. I chose a caption style that used arial, I'm pretty sure. When I re-import the SCC file into PP, I chose no style (choosing the same style I had exported in moved captions below that had been placed at the top of the screen to avoid covering titles) and it imported in a larger different font. I don't care about that, except that it seems that in a few instances, the bottom line had been slided over rather than centered. And in some cases, apostrophes became white squares. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I see you mention that the size of the font is controlled ultimately by the viewer. Is this something that can be adjusted by PBS when they import them? Did I format something wrong so this is happening?  Thanks Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines