• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formats Lightbulb moment

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Peru Bob I took a look at my formats and it's a mixed bag. I need to standardize everything to 4kuhd - which is the format of some of my unreplacable footage. 

Premiere Pro's ability to handle so many formats was a blessing and a curse. I didn't realize how well it was dealing with so many formats at once.

But.... the moment I tried to put an adjustment on it, position/scale etc, the mismatch of formats reared its ugly head.

I MUST have adjustment layers. So now all the art I'll get done, will be 4k uhd.   Also, much of my gopro footage is in 2.7 k due to the wide view. I need to rescale .pngs, etc. It'll be worth it. At least the artist hadn't really wasted too much time rendering before I discovered this.

Can you link me to the exact specs, and how we should set Pro and Ae. 

Also, I'm on a slow mac. What's the best ingest settings for me to get transparent proxies?

Thanks all

Can You Say That With Me?

TOPICS
Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparant proxies?

You cannot make proxies from stills if that is what you mean.

If you are going to upscale 2.7k (2704 x 1520 pixels) to 4K which is 3840x2160 you are going to lose image quality. Unless using Topaz upscale software.

Setting up your project depends in this case on what dimensions you want the output file to be.

Post summary of all your assets: dimensions and framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens,

I need transparent proxies for .mov. that are transparent

Afa scaling,   I'm aware I'll lose quality changing the 2.7k video to 4k. But I'm doing it to standardize. 

I also have a huge 6848x7704 .png that I have to down scale. 

All well and good. Need everything 4k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And more I know how adding adjustment layers works differently when formats are mixed up. The icon at the bottom left,  didn't Ask anything when my media was mixed. Now that it's not conflicting anymore,  when you click on it, it asks you what size you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines