Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Hold Causing Visual Glitching When Viewing Exported Video

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

I am having this reoccuring issue with frame holds causing a visual glitch on the screen when watching the exported version of the video. I will try to detail all the sources of visuals and export settings below.

Video: 4k .mp4 file (3840 × 2160 - Codec: Timecode, AAC, H.264 - Color profile: HD (1-1-1))

Adjustment layer (This is the white rectangle that slides out)

Graphic layer (This is the blur behind the rectangle)

Exported AE file (.mov) (1920x1080 - Codec: Timecode, Animation)

It seems like the issue arrises from the .mov file since that is the only time this appears in the entire video.

Export settings:

Format: h.264

Preset: High Quality 1080p HD

I have tried many variations of the following settings:

Width: 1,920 Height: 1,080

Width: 3,840 Height: 2,160

Frame Rate: 23.976

Frame Rate: 29.97

Performance: Hardware Encoding

Performance: Software Encoding

Use previews: checked and unchecked

Exporting with Premiere and exporting with Media Encoder

I am at a loss here on what to try next to solve this issue.

Thank you for any help in advance!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say what system I am on. This is in Adobe Premiere Pro 2021, latest update version (Apple Silicon). MacBook Pro (M1, 2020) Apple M1 Chip. 8 GB of memory. macOS Big Sur 11.5.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 gigs of RAM is the absolute minimum...  but supposedly the M1 chips handle memory differently.   I think it's possible to use the intel version of premiere on the M1.  Might be worth a shot to see if there problems in the new version...

And you might try the smart-rendering workflow if the problem only appears in the export

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually also tried the intel version versus the apple silicon version and both gave issues. I tried the smart-rendering workflow to no avail. It removed glitches in some frames from one place and they showed up in another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when you render to a high quality format like prores, when you're playing the sequence within premiere, you still see glitches?  by any chance are any of your sources from a smartphone or a screen recording?  If so, the issue may be caused by a source with a variable frame rate.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually switched to exporting in a way higher quality format and that removed the glitching! Now I can reexport that export into a smaller file size to get within our 800mb file limit.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alix5F9F,

Thanks for the detailed post.

Have you considered exporting the After Effects file again? Also, please try clearing media cache in Premiere Pro. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seco...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this latest round I reexported all of the After Effects files and it seemed to help a bit, as in there are less occurances of the glitching frames. However, it still happens which is of course a problem. I have also tried clearing the media cache to no avail.  I also tried the smart-rendering workflow and it did glitches in different spots that time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines